Chapter 39

"So, you went to British Royal?" Jessica asked as she fixed her
make-up. It was more of a rhetorical question than an actual question.

October looked around. It was only the both of them in the room and she was not on a phone call, so she was obviously talking to her.

"What do you think?" October asked her, bringing out some folded clothes from her bag.

"And what University did you go to? ABU Zaria? FUT Minna? A polytechnic?" Jessica mocked her. She was busy on her phone still.

"And what if I went to one of those universities? I would still be ten times smarter than you would ever be. Whether Federal or State university, I would still learn better than your Private university can teach."

"And how did you pay for your tuition? Your mummy did it for you?"

"Well, I'm not extravagant and dumb like some people to not have a job or have money saved before I was thrown out." October said.

"Disowned." Jessica smiled. She was trying to annoy October.

"I don't have time to answer you." October said as she closed her bag.

"Just to let you know, Damien is mine." Jessica said as she finally looked at her.

"That was what you wanted to say all along?" October scoffed. "Get to the point next time."

"Don't even dream of getting close to him. You left him before and he doesn't need you now." Jessica said.

"Like you said," October started as she picked her clothes that she had brought out. "I left him before, and I'll do it again if I had the chance."

"Just to be clear." Jessica smiled as she resumed pressing her phone. "We're on the same page."

"Wow." October said sarcastically and walked out.

*******************

October walked into Uyi's hotel room and paused as she saw only Damien in the room.

She suddenly had a strong urge to turn and leave but she still stood there.

"Um, do you know where Uyi went?" October asked

He looked up at her. He was seated on his bed. He took off his ear pod. October was stuck there. Why did he have to look at her?

"Do you know..."

"Why would I know?" Damien stood up and walked towards her. "Why would I know? So you can go flirt with him?"

A/N
Sorry, short one
Um, something happened to my phone so I have to wait a while before I can update with anyone's.
Love you all plenty ❤😘