Chapter 32

"What was all that happened today about?" Stephanie asked Ebube who was not even paying any attention to her. His eyes were focused on the road as he drove her home.

"It's nothing." Ebube answered.

"Nothing?" She scoffed. "That was nothing? I saw what was going on there."

"Then why did you assume she was harassing me?" Ebube glanced at her before turning back to the wheel.

"I don't like her." Stephanie answered.

"Look at you. She used to be your best friend." Ebube had a look of disappointment on his face.

"Used to be." She quoted him. "First of all, she took Damien from me." She muttered the last part.

"Stop defending her. I'll tell your mother what you're trying to do. You're dating me now so you shouldn't concern yourself with her." Stephanie said.

Ebube shook his head.
"My mother is dating you, not me."

**********

October looked up the moment the door flung open. She quickly hid her face, resting on her arms which were lying on the table. It would be embarrassing if anyone saw her crying. The worst part of her being sad now was that there was a slow song playing through the speakers in the dressing room. She and the other models had already changed. They had left but she was still in there. She cleaned her eyes. She didn't want to, but she looked up the moment she smelled his perfume; The moment she smelled HIM.

"Don't tell me you're crying for an Obiora." Damien said he crossed his leg on a table there.

"It's none of your business." She said.
She was not even sure why she was crying.

"Careful." He said immediately. "I'm your boss. Watch your words."

"Not outside, you're not."

"That's nonsense. I'm your boss in the hotel, I'm your boss outside. You can get fired for talking to me rudely." He said.

"I need my privacy." October turned away from him.

"Why did you run away from Stephanie?" Damien asked.

"Can you leave? I want to be alone and you are disturbing." She almost yelled, turning to look at him.

He smiled.
"Telling me to leave won't make me."

October scoffed.
"If you don't want to, I will." She said and stood up. She walked towards the door. As if on cue, he stood up and blocked the door.

"Move away from the door."
If it was possible, Damien would have seen steam from her head.

"Damien, step away from the door." October commanded again but he didn't move.

"I said....."

Before she could complete her statement, he turned them so that they swapped places. She was now in front of the door, with him standing in front of her.