Chapter 11

"Oooh."October complained as Olivia applied the 'Rob' on her back and massaged it to ease the pain.

"Did you carry the phone?"Olivia asked.

"Do I look like I can swim?"

"So you left it?"

"No. Chizoba got it for me. Gee,Olivia,you don't have to ask me that kind of question,think out of the box."

Olivia hit her on her back.
"Ouch!"October shouted.

"Is everything a jamb question to you?"Olivia asked her.

"But you're supposed to know. Do you know how much that phone's worth?Over two hundred thousand. I have to return his SIM card. He has entered one chance oh,he's just there shouting at himself, not me."October laughed.

"What do you mean?" Olivia asked.

"I sold the phone na,sharpalie sharpalie" October said.

"Why?"

"It's still good. I sold it to Chucks five houses away. Lucky him. He's even traveling today."

"For how much?"

"Seventy thousand naira."

"You are a real Igbo child." Olivia shook her head,saying.

"Ah,born and bred. My father taught me well."October said.

"Speaking of someone in your family,I like that your brother "

"Which one? The brains,the chest or the armpit of the family?"October asked.

"I'm guessing- -"Olivia squinted."Brains."

"Aaron?"October asked surprised.

"Mm- hmm. As if I knew he had to be the brains."

"See,let it not be like I'm discouraging you oh,but that boy will soon be married."

"Why? Your father's handwork again?"

"Who else?And Aaron dislikes the girl eh,Anne."

"Okay. Since he is booked,what about the chest?"Olivia enquired.

"No way. The armpit and the chest are too young for you. Why do you want to date one of my brothers?"October asked.

"My dear,even if it is to marry in the future,I can. I'm willing to. Living with you won't get me the money your brothers can.Nigeria is not easy for everyone oh."
October hit her.

"So I'm not enough?"

"It's not like that oh. But if you and Aaron were on a boat and it was capsizing and he promised me marriage if I should save him,I won't even think twice."Olivia smiled.

"To save me abi?"October smiled too.

"Which kine?"Olivia's smile disappeared at October's question."Sha,we will never find ourselves in that situations so I don't have to choose."

"Me that I'm running away from my family for now,you want to enter. I pity you."October said.

"Anyways,why did you name them the brains,chest and armpit of the family? It's obvious about Aaron. I'm guessing Lawrence is the armpit, judging from how he behaves."Olivia said.

"Leslie is the soft one without issues so he's the chest. Lawrence --the name I gave him already lets you know how he is;the insultive,playful,unserious one. Then there's Aaron,the responsible first child, straight A student,the one we're supposed to look up to,my father's pride,my mother's joy,and the one supposed to take the family business higher;thus the brains."
October explained.

"So where does that leave you?"

"The hand. The part they can push around. I do whatever I'm asked."October replied.

"Except marry Damien."

"Yup."

"What about your mum and dad?"

"Mum? She's the neck,the support. Without her,this family would have been scattered;and yes my father can be frustrating. He's the head of the family. That's the job of a father na. Don't worry,you can join and be the armpit. Lawrence can be the butt."October said.

"No way. I'll rather be the neck of my own family in years to come."Olivia said.

A/N

Little October's about to get in trouble 😁😁😁

Rob:a pain reliever in the form of a cream-ish substance
Jamb question:Stupid question
Sharpalie sharpalie:Quickly
Abi?:Right?

Thanks for reading! Stay blessed😘