Chapter 10

October was concerned after the elevator made the 'ding' sound for the sixth time. She had been literally counting the number of stops the elevator had made. Damien was lost with whatever he was doing on his phone and the worst part was, her back was hurting. She shifted from one foot to another uncomfortably.

"Um...sir." October cleared her throat as someone else got in. "Sir."
Damien finally looked at her.
"It's six stops already."

Damien looked at the two other women who were giving him weird looks about him letting October carry the heavy boxes.
"What floor are we on?"

"We're going back to the ground floor." She answered.

After some seconds, the elevator doors opened. Damien walked out. October followed behind him, barely seeing as the boxes covered her vision of anything below her eyes. She was grateful to God that Damien was tall so she could see his head as she followed behind.

He walked towards the swimming pool area after they passed his office.
"Just drop them here."

"Ehn?"
No; someone had to tell her she was dreaming. She just walked all the way and carried these boxes in the elevator for nothing? The place they were going to is where they had reached like two times already? And not once did he tell her anything.

"The cleaning staff will pick it up or something."

'Ah, and he still has mouth to talk. After wasting time standing in the elevator, where he wanted to go was even on the same floor as his office we had come out from.Oh, because he couldn't fire me, he's trying to make me quit? Ohh, FadaLurd some people are trying me oh'
October thought. Her nostrils flared.

"Any problem?" He rose an eyebrow.
She dropped the boxes in annoyance.
He turned to go.

"Nicompoop."
Before she could stop herself, it came flying out of her mouth.

He halted and turned immediately.
"What did you say?"

October took a step backwards and smiled nervously.
"Ah, sir.....are you sure it was me that said anything? I mean..." she walked further away. He started to walk towards her before he bumped into the boxes. He gripped them before he could fall. Sure, he didn't fall but it was too late for his phone as it went flying into the pool.

He stood straight and covered his face with his palm in annoyance.
"Sir..." October tried to speak.

"Do you have to be such a nuisance, huh?Did you have to be stupid and leave these boxes where anyone could bump into them? Just one simple task and you already proved yourself incompetent! What is wrong with you poor people nowadays?!"
October just stared at him dumbfounded.

He pointed at the pool.
"For your sake you better hope you can swim. Let my SIM card be intact tomorrow. Make sure you bring it to me!" He yelled before he walked away.

October watched him leave. She scoffed with tears in her eyes.
"Me, poor?" She sniffed and nodded.
"It's my fault abi? Whose fault is it that I'm poor now? Busy body. You'll just be shouting at someone anyhow!" She yelled at him knowing he was long gone.

A/N

Had to write an author's note for this:
1)How many of you actually pronounced the 'busybody' the way a typical Nigerian would even in your mind?😩😩

2) FadaLurd: Father Lord
Abi?:Right?
3)Love to @illustrious_joy and @simzypee for being the first commenters on this book. Check out theirs.

I love you all my readers. Stay blessed!😘