Chapter 37

"Today is rest day. From tomorrow onwards, we're all going to have the fun we came here for." Sharmaine said as she distributed papers around to each and everyone, or schedules as she called them. There were about nineteen youths there.

"We're going to explore the Philippines. There are a lot of places; From Badaran to buy stuff, to Mayon volcano, to the Fort Santiago gate, Callao cave, Manila Intinery, Manila Chinese cemetery and Escolta...." Sharmaine was saying.

"Who would want to go to a cemetery?" Majesty interrupted.

"I would. It's mysterious." Ini said and Majesty gave him a look of disgust.

"I expect everyone to be awake by seven." Typical Sharmaine had to organise everything everytime. " Now to the important part, room sharing." She squealed.

"No matter what, I'm not sharing a room with October." Majesty said. "Or Vera."

"Too bad Maj. That's exactly who you're sharing with. You and OC will have room A1. One room for all the love you both have for each other." Sharmaine said and rolled her eyes. She smiled at October.

"Amaka, Adaeze. You will both share room A2 since no one can tolerate the both of you. There are only eight VIP rooms in this resort that I had cleared for the reunion so some of you will have to stay three-three. Aaron, Kcee and Ben will have B1, Ebube, Deji and Kingsley will have room B2. Raul, Temi and Victor, you three will have B3." She grouped them.

"God forbid." Victor said. "So they will finish me abi?"

"If you don't like it, you'll sleep on the floor." Sharmaine told him. "Then Vera, Joan and Stephanie will stay in C1, Alice and I will share C2 and the last room goes to Uyi, Crown and Damien." Sharmaine concluded.

"You're wasting your time. Damien never comes for the reunion because of you know who." Majesty said.

"Thank you for the fact Maj, but I'm right here." Damien said walking in with some people who carried his bags. October scoffed as soon as she saw that someone else was with him.

"Sorry, my flight got delayed."
Everyone stared at Damien because for one, he never came for the reunion; And two, there was a not invited personnel beside him who had not been in British Royal, but October knew her all too well.

"Who's that?" Amaka asked.

"This," Damien gestured towards her, "Is Jessica Eburuche." October scoffed again.

"In case you have forgotten, this is a British Royal class of 2013 reunion." Majesty said.

"And I chose to come with her. That shouldn't be your problem." Damien smirked.

"She's not supposed to be here." October said.

"Says who?" He finally looked at October. "You?" He was glaring at her. It was like he was daring her to object.

"It's okay." Stephanie interrupted, trying to avoid any commotion. She was the glue of the group, who always held everyone together. "She can stay. She'll stay with October and Majesty."

"What?" October asked while Jessica did not even try to hide her smile. Behind the 'nice girl' face she was giving everyone, October knew the true colours of Jessica Eburuche.

"It's settled and it's final." Sharmaine looked from October to Majesty. She yawned and stretched. "Aalis na ako!" She announced and began to walk out. "Which is Filipino for I'm leaving now." She said before she left.

"I'm going up to rest now. I've had a long day." Ben said and one by one, they began to disperse. October wondered what had gone wrong between her and Damien. They had become cool at the office now....Somewhat cool....

Was it because of Jessica now? She took her gaze away from Damien and Jessica who were talking and walked out of the room. She had to find the way to her room. The workers would have already put their bags in their rooms.

She was startled when someone drew her to a corner.

"Why are you acting like a jealous ex?" Uyi asked. October hit him on his chest.

"Why would you pull me like that?" October asked.

"I wonder why Damien showed up this time. For four years now, he hasn't come for the reunion. This should mean he no longer cares about what you did and he has let everything go."

"First of all, I'm not acting like a jealous ex. I just have past history with Jessica." October said.

"And secondly?" He asked and she gave him a puzzled look.

"What?" She asked.

"You said 'first of all' so you must have something else to add. Or are you hiding it?" He explained.

October hissed.

"So you have no feelings whatsoever for Damien? Just be careful OC. I'm your best friend and I don't want to see you hurt." Uyi said and patted her head.

"You won't." October said.

A/N

As some of you may know, I was at camp for days so I couldn't update. This one is for you fam!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Shoutout to OlawalePeace   She's an amazing reader. And you too Whitney_nelly
Love you all.

Update is finally up! Read, enjoy and stay blessed 😘