02

(1895 Words) 

***

My mind was filled with hundreds of thoughts, none of which had any answers to them. 

"You're just gonna leave? Just like that?" My voice echoed through the open parking lot. Everyone else had gone, since I was the last 'contestant' Not to mention we were in the back of the building. My hands were shaking, and my breathing quickened. What is wrong with me? Just walk away George, he's letting you go. Take your chance and run!

"Yeah that's exactly what I am doing." The man's voice was stern with his words as he continued to stroll the other way. His tall toned body fading into the distance.

"Wait...!" The words were scratchy floating out of my mouth. 

What am I doing? George, just leave. You are free, why are you trying to stay?

The stranger stopped in his tracks, turning around to face me. He placed his free hand in his pocket the other one still holding onto the jacket. He was wearing a white buttoned down collared shirt, with dress pants and shoes on. It had looked like he came from some sort of business meeting.

"Oh come on now George," The young mans words floated through my mind, it was a bit strange to hear him using my name, even though it had been announced to hundreds of people. "Isn't this what you wanted? To be free, go back to your family and friends and live out your life?! I saw you up there, you obviously didn't want to be taken away from your life. A thank you would be nice at least before you go." Only a small smile curled up his lips. 

I could just walk away, go back to my life. My friends at college, I could finally figure out what I want to do with my life, my parents were waiting for me. Before I was...captured, I was free. I could continue my life now. 

Something was pushing me away from leaving, holding me to stand my ground, staring at the unknown man. Something was telling me that I needed to stay, I needed to go with this man. I didn't understand why, I didn't even know his name, why...why was I still here. George just walk away.

Instead I walked towards the man.

"I want to go with you." I focused on a small chunk of grass, I kept my voice steady and loud enough so he could understand me. I still couldn't capture why I wanted to stay with him, and why I wasn't just forgetting all about this, and going home.

I would never be able to forget this. 

I looked up to see him frozen with a confused look on his face.

"What..? You don't even know me. George you are free, I'm not trying to trick you, alright? You are free to go." He waved his hands at me, as if to swat me away like I was some annoying fly. 

I didn't care that I didn't know who he was, I was always told to stick with my gut through everything, and in this very moment my gut was telling me he was important.

"I want to go with you." I walked closer towards him speaking again, and before I knew it I was standing right in front of him, my head drooping downwards.

"George. I bought you so you could be free, not so you would have to feel trapped, as you would've if someone else had gotten the offer." He cleared his throat, his voice toning down a bit. 

I felt his gaze land on me and I glanced up myself to meet his emerald eyes. We glanced at one another for what felt like minutes, before he finally sighed gripping his sweater tightly in his hands.

"Fine. George you got to know what your putting yourself through, you can't go back to your old life, were gonna be heading up to Florida, that's where I live, with some roommates. If this is really what you want, we have to leave now. Its a long drive."