27

(1739 Words)

***

The next day was merely meant for sightseeing. We were all gonna go hiking up to a nice waterfall and maybe have some lunch there. 

I always loved hiking, but it seemed to be a curse to me because, everytime I went, there was always someway I would get hurt. I never knew why, but I just accepted it after awhile.

(I'm saying this bc it happens to me all the time, I get hurt everytime I go hiking ngl)

But this time would be different, I would be more careful and I would watch every step I took, and then I wouldn't get hurt. Right? 

After packing each of our bags, and filling them up with water, snacks and other things we needed, we were all ready to go.

I slipped on some shorts, along with a blue t-shirt. I had packed the skirt I brought, along with the crop top.

I wanted to take a few photos of myself when we were up there, maybe I'd post them on Instagram, maybe not. But I was feeling pretty good about myself today, and that confidence doesn't come everyday so might as well take advantage of it. 

A few minutes later we were all geared up and began walking towards the trail. I began chugging my water. "Jesus George, we haven't even started." Dream wheezed. 

"I'm soo thirsty though dude. And I can just drink some of yours if needed." I grinned taking another sip and he only rolled his eyes. 

At first it was pretty easy, most of it was flat and only a little uphill, only pebbles and a few sticks were shown. 

But after the first mile, it started to get really rocky and suddenly shot straight upwards. We were all using our hands to climb up these tough hills. No wonder we were the only one's here. 

My foot slipped a few times but thankfully Dream had been behind me most of the time, and helped keep me up and from not falling. 

There was a tall inclined staircase in the distance, and I already knew I was going to fall off or something was bound to happen, I just knew it. 

When we reached the steps, I gazed upwards at how long it was and how many steps there were. "Ha." I rubbed my temples and shook my head over and over, just wanting to turn back and go to the campsite. 

Karl went first, Sapnap behind him. They were both griping tightly onto the railing, being careful with each step, I was surprised at how fast they seemed to be going for how high up it was. 

"Okay you go." I nodded at Dream for him to go ahead but he only shook his head. "You've already fallen twice, I'm going behind you."

I whined and my hands were all shaky, but finally accepted it and began heading up the stairs.

My hand began to throb at how tightly I had been holding onto the railing, and my lungs were begging for air as I clenched my jaw closed. 

Dream was inches away from me, and he would place a hand along my back every so often, so I wouldn't fall backwards. 

Karl and Sapnap had already made it to the top, so I knew that I was pretty close. 

I exhaled and smiled at the thought, and started to go up the steps faster.

A split second later I missed one of the steps and tripped up. 

I stumbled forward and caught myself on the railing.

It had been made of wood and my hand slid against it, a sharp pain flushed throughout me and I felt severest pieces of wood stab into my hand.

I squealed and took my hand off the railing to examine my hand. Doing so, I lost my balance and fell backwards onto Dream.