12

(2285 Words)

***

(Still Dream's POV)

I placed a hand on George's chest, smiling as I dozed off to sleep.

I woke up to my body feeling dead inside, the stitches were indeed not numb anymore. I could feel every throb and ache that was being made. 

Any sudden movement it felt like the wound was being ripped open from the thread. I felt something warm underneath me, my hand rested on something fuzzy. Gazing my eyes upward tilting my head slightly, there sat George, he was scrolling on his phone. With his other hand placed on the top of my head, brushing his hand through it over and over.

He glanced downwards, we met each others eyes. One of my favorite things about George was his deep brown eyes, they turned a hazel in the sunlight and seemed to be always shining in some way, always comforting. 

"Goodmorning." He tilted his phone downwards smiling at me, stroking my hair with those slim hands of his, they were brought down holding onto the side of my face. "How are you feeling?" His voice had a gentle tone to it, I always liked the way his voice was mellow and faint when he was helping his friends out. Usually he was always laughing and screaming at the top of his lungs, but everyone knew he was a big softie. I admired the way his smile crooked upwards, and how he was always gentle with any movement he made.

I looked at his face, lowering my eyes slowly. He had a dozen bruises and bites. His eyes were still puffy, but he seemed to be acting normal. 

"Dream?" I hadn't even realized he was asking me a question.

"Oh, yeah I'm doing alright. George how are you feeling.." He had been through way worse than I had been. My stab wound was nothing compared to what those monsters did to him TWICE now. 

I watched as his smile softened and he glanced away from my eyes, and his hand stopped moving on my head. My smiled began to fade as well and I sighed.

"Sorry George..I didn't mean to offend you in anyway or make you feel upset, I just... what you went through, I need to know if your okay, and I need you to answer me realistically. Please." He glanced his eyes back to mine, he slugged down on the couch, huddling up closer next to me.

"Honestly. I don't know. I'll talk about it one day. I just can't now," He sighed closing his eyes as they began to become watery. I lifted off of him, seating myself up. I knew he didn't want to talk or think about it right now, so I wanted to try and get up, maybe we could get breakfast. 

My side folded a little and bit my lip in pain, as the cut folded with it. George looked over at me, helping me sit up quickly, I shoved him off lightly. I needed to do this on my own, he needed to know that I was alright and didn't need help. 

I groaned hoisting myself up, I grabbed a hold of George's leg for support I clenched my hand around it trying to hold myself up but I ended up falling back down onto George. It hurt too much, the pain of being stabbed occurred over and over in my head.

 I could feel the blade stabbing slowly into my skin, I shrieked curling up and beginning to cry into George's arms.

Around 10AM (George's POV)

I heard two sets of shoes walking down the stairs. I turned my head slightly to see Sapnap and Karl walking towards the living room. Their hair was all rustled and they were still in their pajamas, you could tell they had just woken up. 

I greeted them, smiling slightly. Dream had fallen asleep about an hour ago, I didn't blame him. I couldn't even try to imagine the pain he was dealing with.