23

(1590 Words)

***

Driving to the site.

Once we reached the campsite, I stepped outside of the truck and glanced around, while Sapnap drove to park the truck nearby. Mountains covered all around, and a large lake was washed up close by. 

We thought about renting a camper to sleep in, but it would have costed a lot more. The money had been spent on the boat plus the two four-wheelers, and they had already had two tents at the house, so it really didn't matter that much what we slept in. 

It was supposed to be warm for all four days we were staying there, except there was a chance of rain for one of the days. I'm not sure which day but, it didn't seem too bad, most storms in Florida only lasted about 30 minutes.

Dream was scanning the site with me when I saw a building in the distance. It looked like maybe bathrooms or showers. It could've just been an old building though. 

"Hey, we should go see what's in that building over there." I pointed towards the large building, almost screaming the words because of how loud the engine of Sapnap's truck was, along with the high amount of wind. 

"Yeah sure, hopefully it's a shower, and or bathrooms." Dream placed a hand over his forehead to block out the sun, yelling back to me. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking." 

We motioned to Karl and Sapnap that we were gonna head over if they wanted to come look with us. They only shook their heads saying that they were gonna set up the tents and such before it got too dark and windy. 

Me and Dream waved goodbye to them and started heading towards the establishment.

Once we reached the structure, it was easy to tell that it had indeed been a place to shower and or use the bathroom. I opened the door and a loud creek followed. "Ooh, this is pretty decent. I wonder how much it will cost to use one of these though." 

Peering around the corner, the showers now became fully visible. I stepped inside one of the shower stalls and looked at the tiny box where the word 'quarters here' laid.  "It says it's three dollars for five minutes." I grazed my fingers over the words. 

"Hmm..kind of seems like a ripoff, we might need to have two people share a shower or something, we only have about 15 dollars in bills, I think there's a town nearby that we can ask for quarters instead." 

I nodded and we pushed the door to head outside. The thought of showering else with someone seemed to not even process through my brain. 

The sun had disappeared, and only a small light was apparent. Thankfully our camp was only about a 3 minute walk, and we were able to get back quickly. 

Mother Nature had decided that tonight was gonna be the day to rain, thankfully it was only a small sprinkle. 

I felt small drops of water land against my skin as we reached the campsite where Karl and Sapnap were about finished with the tents. We quickly helped Karl and Sapnap put covers on top of them. 

Me and Dream were going to be sharing a tent while Sapnap and Karl were going to share the other. 

It was now full on downpouring and everything was starting to get soaking wet, meaning that we were getting soaked. We split into two's and said goodnight one another, rushing into our tents. 

Once I got into the tent that me and Dream were sharing, I hung up a little lantern on the top, so I could move things around and get situated without it being pitch black.