30

(1403 Words)

Pt 3. TW: EMOTION/ARGUING/TALK OF MURDER

***

"Okay George." He gripped my hand in his for a moment before letting go. He sat himself upwards and pulled a pillow onto his lap. He fidgeted with it for a moment before taking a deep breath looking up at me.

...

He brushed a hand through his hair and his breath quickened. "Oh god I didn't think it would be this hard." He took another deep breath and his hands began to shake. He started to bounce his leg up and down. A few moments passed and it was like he was having a whole panic attack.

"Dream. Spit.it.out." I felt bad for pushing him so much to speak right then and there, but it was his own fault for not telling me sooner. I held my gaze on him, and kept myself calm. I would let him speak, without lashing out.

He took one last deep breath, before finally explaining everything to me.

"I had been down in South Carolina for a job, as you know. And please George...I know you will hate me...for who knows how long. But just remember I would never try to do anything that would hurt you. A few weeks prior to the Auction, me and my work partner had been...stalking you,"

I pinched my skin, and took a deep breath gazing at my hands. I focused back onto him and nodded slowly.

"...And...I got to understand the type of person you were. My boss had called me telling me that I needed to spy on you, and that a few other men were going to take you to the Wearhouse the next week. That I needed to somehow buy you, and I was told to bring you to my boss. Double the price I would of paid for you. He was going to kill you. This is how it was. I delivered, and he killed, I got money and never said a word. All of that changed when I saw you on that platform." 

He paused for a moment gripping my hands lightly. Tears rolled down my face. He knew all along. I looked up at him, slipping away from his touch as I let him continue.

"After all the days I had been watching you, I saw how happy and you were excited to finish school and create your new life. But on the stage you were frighten and dead inside. I knew I couldn't do this to you, you were too young and too wholesome, I couldn't let him kill you."

He took a deep breath and let out a cough, sipping on some water before continuing.

"I knew I had to keep the plan ahead and push my feelings and emotions aside. I had gone through this many times, and learned to control my feelings towards people. But something was different with you and I knew you weren't going to leave when I gave you the chance that day. I knew you would come with me because you were too alone in this world, and needed somebody."

I froze for a moment. He was never going to let me go, was he.

"When I started driving towards the establishment where you would take your last breath, I saw you curled up against the window. You seemed so peaceful even after everything you've been through, as if I didn't scare you. And that's when everything kicked in. I felt something for you and I knew it wasn't your time to leave. And so I called my boss."

A few tears drops ran down his face, I was so taken back from all of this and only glanced at my hands. He whispered "I'm so sorry." Over and over before whimpering out his words.

"I had told him I couldn't deliver you, that I just couldn't do it. He wasn't just going to let that slide George...and I needed to keep you safe. A part of me saw you as something extraordinary and special and you still are to me George. My blood thirsty boss didn't handle things too well...and he. Still needed someone to kill."

He was full on crying now, his throat croaked and he was shaking his head saying sorry over and over. He whole body was shaking with fear. 

"George...it had to be done. It was either you or them. I'm really sorry." His lips trembled and his voice shook with every word.

My eyes widened and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know who he was talking about.

"Tell me." I spoke softly and calmly, staring at my hands with a blank expression.

I felt his gaze on me and he took a shaky breath.

"I'm really sorry George...I really am. Just know they are in a bet-"

"GODAMMIT DREAM WHO WERE THEY!?" I yelped out, clutching the side of my head, crying. I told myself not to lash out, but I needed to know.

"Your parents." He sobbed and pleaded that he was sorry over and over.

...

It felt like my whole body had just been ripped away from me. I couldn't breath, my lungs had disappeared, I was left in an empty corpse, my head throbbed and everything around me darkened.

It wasn't true. It couldn't be. I wouldn't believe it. I just couldn't.

"No..No that's not right Dream. I was just speaking with them, you're lying." I stuttered the words out, barley about to keep myself from throwing up.

He wince at my pained face. "They were ordered to speak with you. After you hung up, my boss shot them." 

My breath quickened, and my body froze where it was. I couldn't move, couldn't breath normally, couldn't think normally.

I felt something growing closer to me and I covered my eyes and screamed. I rocked in my seat back and forth. I screamed and screamed, voices floated through my head, until everything went quiet.

I opened my swollen eyes, darkness surrounded me and faint bodies stood in the distance. I got up from my chair slowly, walking towards the familiar bodies. When I got closer I stopped and covered my mouth, tears rolled down my face.

"M-Mom? D-Dad?" They were right here, they weren't gone. They couldn't be, I had just spoken to them a few weeks ago.

I walked up closer towards them and their bodies began to dissolve from view. I cried out and began jumping up to hold onto them for a little longer. My mother whispered as her hand ran along my own. I felt her. "George...I love you." My mothers touch faded away and I was left alone in the darkness.

My eyes shot open and Dream was holding onto my shoulder, Karl and Sapnap stood behind him. "George..?" I took a deep breath realizing it wasn't a dream...it was real. All of it was.

I pushed Dream off of me and got up pacing around. "No. No. No." I wailed the words over and over, I quickened my pace and clutched my hands onto my head. Dream tried again by placing reaching his hand out towards me.

I slapped his hand away and stopped in my tracks and screamed. "WHY THEM, YOU SHOULD OF KILLED ME! IT SHOULD OF BEEN ME! IT SHOULD OF BEEN ME! JUST KILL ME!...Just kill me." I collapsed on the floor sobbing.

I curled up on the carpet, replaying the image of my parents over and over again. They were gone...forever. I would never see them again. Dream was a monster.

A brush of emptiness filled my body and I got up walking right past all of them. Making my way up the stairs and into my room. I closed and locked the door, including the door that led into Dream's room.

I didn't feel anything anymore. My emotions had been switched off, and I had no plan on turning them on again. I didn't want to feel anything ever again.

***

Ayee besties, sorry I'm not the best at writing emotional stuff...or yk writing in general. Just know I am not a writer, this is the first thing of mine that I've actual put a bit of effort in. So yes I know it's not the best but I am taking classes to improve. (the last two chapters tbh I was tired and didnt know how to write it so that's why it's sloppy and bad) SORRY !!