Chapter 23: Agatha's Dilemma

*Knock* *Knock*, Agatha jolted when she heard the sound. She felt her knees shaking as it got louder.

" Agatha? Agatha! " a man's voice called.

Agatha didn't answer, she waited for it to speak more...

" Agatha! It's me. Tedros... Are you there? "

" Tedros...Tedros! I'm here! " she answered back, she tried to run to him that she forgot she was tied up.  " Tedros, my hands were cuffed... I can't move,.. "

" Just wait a second... I'll let you out. "

Agatha heard a loud thud on the door. Then, a click on the doorknob,  it opened. Tedros' face lightened up  as she saw Agatha, he embraced her tightly. " I'm glad, I've found you... "

" Tedros... " Agatha whispered, to be saved by a prince was not that bad at all. It felt like a dream, her prince found her and save her just like all the other fairy tale princesses.

" We have to get out of here. " Tedros pointed his glowing finger to Agatha's hands and feet.She was released, she pounced at Tedros.

" Thank you... I thought I won't be able to see you again... "

" I won't let that happen.... "

" Where are the others? Where is Sophie? "

" They were fighting against the Nevers... "

" Nevers?! Why? "

" It's hard to explain right now... First, we have to get out of here. Someone might come... "

" That's right... " Agatha stood up, but her whole body was in pain. She stumbled on Tedros...

" Are you alright? " Tedros caught her.

" Yes, I'm fine. " Agatha said, It hurts, my body feels like it's gonna break. But this is not the time to think about myself... I ..., she stopped, she sniffed, His smell is kind of different. It smells like...

" Where is your Excalibur? "

" Oh, I.. I forgot it outside,  since I really want to find you right away, I'll  get it back later. For now, I'll just use a spell...Are you really ok? " Tedros looked worried.

It was the same loving eyes and sweet smile that Tedros always gave her. How can I doubt  him? He saved me, he's my prince. I... trust him... " Yes, don't worry. " Tedros smiled in relief, It must be my imagination...

They both sneaked out of the room, Agatha followed Tedros' lead. No one saw them, they successfully got away.

" Tedros, where are we going? Shouldn't we go down the main hall? "

" We just have to do something important right now.... "

" More important than to help our friends? "

Tedros looked back. " The mastermind of all this calvary is right on that place. " he pointed to the peak of the tower. " We have to defeat him... "

" How did you know? "

" Well... I just heard some Nevers talking about it... " he explained, as if he read her mind that she's having second thoughts,he looked at her directly, " Are you doubting me? "

Agatha didn't answer right away, " Tedros, I was just... "

" You think I'm fooling you? "

" No, I wasn't... I'm just not so sure if we should go, with just the two of us... Shouldn't we help the others first, then defeat him with everyone? "