Chapter 32: Awakening

" Hey, what kind of person is Agatha? " Randall suddenly asked while they're having their roasted fish as dinner.

Everyone stopped eating and looked at Tedros. " Hey, Randall. You shouldn't just suddenly ask things like that. " Gerard said, he peeked on Tedros' face and saw an expression that he never saw on Tedros' face since they started their journey. His cold look didn't fade but somehow there's gentleness. This made him curious, what kind of girl made this emotionless and cold-hearted King to show such an expression.

" Can you tell us? I think we had the right to know what kind of person we are trying to save. "

" Prince Randall, there are things that the King doesn't like to talk about. Let's just continue our dinner. " Wales politely said.

" That's so boring.... "

" It's fine Wales... "

" Eh? " Randall uttered. At first, he was just joking but now it made him curious too.

" He had a point, they have the right to know. "

" Are you serious?! "

" Do you want to or not? "

" O..of course I do! " Randall said and properly sat, he was like a child waiting for a bedtime story.

" Well, err... How should I begin? What kind of girl? Hmmm... She was the most amazing girl I've ever met. Thinking back, when I first met her. The moment she looked at me with disgust in her eyes, she already carved a deep impression in my heart. She's so different to all the other girls I've seen. " suddenly, he smiled. " She wasn't beautiful, there's nothing princess-like at her. She's clumsy, never cared about her appearance, always making trouble, but she had the most purest good heart. Now that I think about it, though she's not the usual princess that I usually like, my eyes were always following her. I've never had an argument with any girl before, but with her just simple move and words, she stirred up all the emotions deep inside me. She made me angry, confused, laugh, curious, making me ran with her little finger. She made my life exciting, she treated me like a normal boy, she never look at me as the son of the great King Arthur, but me. She made me fell in love with her head over heels. And even when she became the most beautiful princess I've ever seen, she never changed. Still, good at heart, she saved us from the hands of the Evil School Master, she's the strongest among all of us. She risked her own life for the sake of her friends. " Tedros clenched his teeth, hands trembling. "I can't do anything. She was killed before my eyes. "

A long silence filled the atmosphere. Only the sounds of the crickets and whistling of the wind can be heard. Tedros looked up to see their teary-eyed faces. " What the hell is that look? "

" Tha..that's so sad. I'm so sorry for saying you're such a bad and dull King. I won't ever say that again... " Randall cried, snots running down on his nose.

" Your Highness... I'll serve you for the rest of my life. " Wales said while wiping his tears.

" That's so gross Wales, don't speak like that... "

" King Tedros... Is that the same girl in the rumor? There's a rumor about a girl who defeated the School Master but the name wasn't clearly known. " Gerard said.

" Yeah... It's Agatha. "

" She's so amazing, I really want to meet her... " Randall said.

" But they said she was already dead. And didn't you say she was killed? " Gerard asked.

" Things happened, she was saved by the Good School Master. But she was put in a deep sleep, they said her soul was no longer on her body. I have to find a way to bring back her soul. So you can say, she was half-dead. "