Chapter 15: Stuck in the Stock Room

Near the girls room, Beatrix with Reena and Millicent were having a conversation.

" I'm sure I will be the queen of this ball. No one can outstand me. " Beatrix said, her eyes glistening.

" But are you sure about that? I'm sure Sophie will be at the ball too, and don't forget Agatha, she had a hidden beauty. " Reena said.

" And are you sure Tedros can really choose you? In the midst of the masked princesses? " Millicent added.

Beatrix turned to them, putting her hands on her waist, " I'm the most beautiful princess here, and I will make sure Tedros will choose me. "

They just stared at her, they can feel she will not accept a defeat. Reena changed the topic, " But do you really have to lie to Tedros? Agatha didn't push you, in fact you were the one who almost slap her. And she tried to help you. " she said, since she felt a little bit pity to Agatha.

Beatrix frowned, " Are you taking her side? "

" No, it's just that, we think it's a bit harsh. " Reena immediately responded.

" Just remember this, I'm not going to let Tedros be taken away by her, he's already mine, and mine alone." she said in a very serious tone. " So he will never know that I lied to him. "

" You lied! How could you?! " a voice behind them shouted.

" Tedros!? " Beatrix was dumbfounded. " Yo-You heard it wrong! I didn't lie. "

" And now you're making me a fool? I know what I heard and I can't believe it! You! I believed you! I even said rude things to her. You're despicable! " and so he left them stunned.

They were all a mistake. I should have never trusted any woman here. They're all the same, liars! I'm really just like my father, I'm a fool! Tedros walked towards his room and slammed the door.

" You seems to be in a bad mood again? " Chaddick asked him, while drawing his suit for the ball.

" Beatrix lied to me! How could she? I said harsh things to Agatha, how am I gonna face her? Woman, they're all the same, liars! " Tedros said clenching his teeth.

" They were not all the same, I'm sure you'll find the right girl. And you don't have a choice, you have to apologize to Agatha, whether you like it or not. "

He didn't respond.

" Oh and by the way, I have a very interesting news. " Chaddick put down his sketch pad.

Tedros wrinkled his forehead, " Whatever that is, I'm not interested. " he stood and walked.

" It's about Agatha and Edward. " Tedros stopped and turned to his friend, now lying on his bed, swirling his pen.

Chaddick grinned, " You know, there's nothing going on between them. But maybe tonight there will be. "

" What do you mean? " he asked, in a very straightforward tone.

" Well, Edward decided to confess to her tonight. And you know, he had a big chance. " Chaddick saw his finger glow, that means he feels a deep emotion.

" Tha-that's got nothing to do with me. " he said and walked towards the bathroom.

Every girls was busy preparing their gowns at the ball. Kiko was choosing her finest gown, Sophie was busy putting creams on her face, while Agatha just stood on the side watching them.

" Why aren't you doing anything, Agatha? The ball is only three days away. " Sophie said while putting mask cream made of melon and turtle egg yolk.