Chapter 3: The Return

Agatha was busy preparing the ingredients for the cookies she wants to bake. Since she really likes cookies, she wants to learn how to make it.She had all the ingredients, she already measured all of them on their exact amount. She put the flour, sugar, butter and milk in one bowl. She mixed them and put the yellow part of the egg on the bowl, leaving the white on the other bowl. She stirred them until its all mixed well. Before she put it on the oven, she sliced strawberries and put it on the shaped cookies. She's so excited, while waiting for the cookies to be baked. After 25 minutes, it's finish, it smells good. A blue bird seems to be attractedto the delicious aroma of the cookies. It flew inside the kitchen window, Agatha crumbled the cookie and tried to feed it.

" It's my first time baking   cookies, so I'm not sure if you will like it but here, eat it." she extended her palm with the crumbled cookie. The blue bird looked at her, like it was examining her. It walked closer to her palm and ate the cookies. The blue bird seems to like the cookies, it continued eating.

Agatha smiled " I'm glad you like it."

"Thank you, princess." A voice said to her.

Agatha was surprised, " Did I just heard your thoughts? ". The blue bird looked at her and then - Bam! The sound of the door, startled her. The blue bird flew out of the window. " Wait! " she shouted but it's already far away.

" Agatha, what are you doing? " Callis asked, she just came back.

" Nothing " she said trying to hide her shock.

" Wow, did you just bake this? "

" Ah, yes Mom, " she said, trying to stay calm.

" You're shaking, is there something wrong, dear? "

" Nothing, I- I was just so excited to know if I succeeded in baking." Agatha responded, breathing heavily.

" Hmmm, let me taste it. " she picked one and ate it. " It's good, there's something juicy, what is it?"

" It's the strawberry, I put sliced strawberries to give a sour and sweet taste. "

Callis touched Agatha's cheeks, she smiled at her gently and looked at her, like a mother who really treasures her daughter. Agatha also looked at her, confused.

" Mom? "

Callis lifted her head, " Agatha, did I ever said that I love you? "

Agatha can't find her voice, she was stunned at the sudden question of her mother.

" I know, I'm not a good mother. I'm always pulling you down, I've never believed in you. I made you feel like you're an ugly evil witch, like me. But now, look at you! You're a pretty young girl, a princess in this small castle. You proved to everyone that you're a good person, that you mean no harm. And I'm so proud of you. " she said in her most gentle voice.

Agatha let her tears flow down her face. She cried in her mother's arms, she never expected that she will hear those words from her mother. In her whole life, she was treated as a witch's daughter, she knew she's not an evil person, she tried to let them know but before she can proved it, she was already judged by them. And so she find the sanctuary on being alone in that dark haunted house.

" I love you " Callis said softly.

" I love you too,Mom. I've always loved you. You raise me alone even without father. " and she hugged her tightly.

A sound of footsteps startled both of them.

" Oops, did I just interrupted something? " Sophie said in an embarrassed look.