Chapter 6: Destined One

" Are our visitors resting? " the prince asked his attendant while writing a letter.

" Yes, your highness, the girl named Sophie was resting on her cabin. " 

" What about the other one? The dark haired girl, Agatha? " he asked, continuing his writing.

" Well...  she asked us where she could find woods and ropes. "

The prince stopped writing and looked at him, " For what? "

" We think she wants to make a boat, she's crazy strong and determined despite being a girl. " he laughed.

The prince glared at him, he stopped laughing. He sealed the letter and tied it to the dove's feet. He went outside of the tent, he saw Agatha carrying a bamboo.

" Hiee.." Agatha grunted, pulling the bamboo. It slipped on her hands, the prince flinched and almost tried to run to her but before it totally fell to her feet, Agatha caught it. She wiped her sweats and pulled the bamboo again.

The prince sighed in relief, he secretly smiled. He can't remember when was the last time he felt that way, nervous and relieved, since the day his brother married Grazilda everything turned bad. His brother change, the kingdom close its door to the poor and now he was frame up for trying to kill his own brother.

" Your highness, What are you doing here? " the prince jolted, Agatha was behind him.

" Err... Nothing. You, what are you doing gathering all that woods and bamboos? " he looked at her straight.

" Well, I have to think of something for us to reach the other island. And as you just said we can't swim all the way. So I have to make a boat. "

" Are you sure you can reach the  Island with just that bamboo boat?"

" Well, I can't just dawdle around here and wait for something to get us there. "

" Are you really sure you already  attended that school. From what I've heard, those who were sent to that school were taught to be a prince and princess. And of course to be an evil witches." he gave her a  playful smile.

Agatha gave him back a crooked smile, " Well, excuse me for not being a dilly-dally princess. I'll go back first, your highness. " she turned her back and walked away.

" Wait, that's not what I meant! " he called but Agatha didn't turn.

Agatha went back to the forest, she continued gathering bamboos. Hours had passed, the prince peeked outside. The blue sky turned gray, a heavy rain was coming.

" Hey, did you see Agatha? " Sophie asked the man guarding the tent.

" No, but earlier she was gathering some woods. " he answered.

" Where the hell is she? " she walked back and forth.

" What are you doing? " the prince asked her.

" Prince, I..it's Agatha. I can't find her, I've been searching for her since earlier. " she sounded worried.

The prince looked outside, the rain slowly poured. " She'll come back, anytime soon. She won't wander around on this weather. " he walked back to his cabin.

After several minutes the rain heavily poured. The only sound he can hear was the rain, then he saw Agatha putting down the bamboo branch. She ran to the tent, soaking wet.

" What an unlucky day, why does it have to rain right now? "

" Well, it's the nature's way to give life to its living things. " Agatha jolted when she saw the prince behind her.

" Well, it doesn't have to be today. I have a lot of work to do. " she extended her hands outside and let the rain drops fell to her palms. The prince suddenly grabbed it. " Ouch! What are you doing? "

The prince stared at her bruised wrist and red hands. Agatha pulled it away, the prince held her again and bring her to his room.

" Hey, what are we doing here? " Agatha asked, keeping her distance.

The prince took a medicine kit, he sat Agatha to his bed, it was a small room inside the tent. He put ointments to her bruised wrist.

" Ouch! " Agatha twitched.

" Just bear with it for a little while. It's strong but its effective. Your wounds haven't completely healed and now you're full of bruises again " he continued putting ointments to her and covered her hands of blisters.

" Thank you, but you didn't have to do that. It doesn't hurt that much. " Agatha insisted.

" You really want to go to that school so badly? " he asked, putting back the ointments.

" I did, I have to. We have to know what's going on, why does everything turns out like this. Why am I here again.And I really want to go back and see my friends again. " she stopped, " And Tedros. "

" Hmmm, Who was that? Your partner? " The prince curiously asked.

Agatha smiled, " He was, he's my prince. He's one of the reason I want to go back.... but I don't know if he still loves me. " she gave him a pained smile.

" I'm sure, he does. He's a jerk if he let go of someone like you. " he smiled at her.

Agatha laughed, " Seriously, there's nothing good about me. But thanks,  I just hope he still hasn't forgotten me. Since, it was almost two years.... in that time I'm sure many things had changed. "

" Even if everything in the world had changed,a true heart that loves will always stay the same, no matter how long had passed. "

Agatha gave him an odd look," You're a hopeless romantic? Aren't you? "

" Oh, no, no, no... It's my brother who said that to me. He was the hopeless romantic in love. " he said, shaking his head.

That night, Agatha found herself in a dark room, full of paintings, she knows that room. She stepped back as she saw the paintings,Grazilda drowned Cinderella before the prince arrives, Snow White killed by the hunter, Hansel and Gretel cooked in the oven, Ariel turned to foams as her prince married other women. And lastly Nevers ruled over Evers. She felt her stomach turned upside down, fear overwhelmed her.

" Do you see it, Agatha. " a man behind her spoke.

She flinched, the man with its silver hair and white suit stood beside her. " Professor Sader... Aren't you supposed to be dead? "

" It's not the real world Agatha, everyone can live here. " he smiled.

" It's a dream, isn't it? "

" Yes, it's the only way I can talk to you. "

" Are you the one who brought us here again? "

" I did. "

" But why? " her voice broke.

" There's no time to explain, you're the only one who can save the future of this world. You have to go back to the School for Good and Evil and find the Storian." 

" But why me? I'm not a part of this world!? " she shouted.

Everything around her became blurred, he was vanishing." Because you are the destined one." his hazel eyes flashed.

" Professor wai- " she woke up, his voice echoed in her ears. She buried her face to her knees.