Chapter 4: Mermaid Agatha

After thirty minutes, Selena came back, she opened her palm and showed Agatha a slicky green egg. " You have to eat this, it's a magical egg of a green clam. It can transform a human to a mermaid. It will only last for half a day, you have to be on land before sunset."

Agatha gulped, " If I didn't make it, what will happen? "

Selena seriously looked at her," You'll be a mermaid forever. "

She felt a shudder on the thought of being a mystical creature, but she had no choice, she just have to make sure she already save Sophie before sunset. Agatha  breathed deeply, she picked the egg on Selena's palm. Her hands were shaking, she closed her eyes and ate the egg. She felt her knees weakened, she plopped on the sand, a sudden pain struck her legs, she can't move, little by little her legs turned to a dark blue shimmering tail. She touched it, it's smooth and pretty.

" Are you ready? " Selena asked.

" Yes. " Agatha answered, there's no turning back now. They both crawled into the sea, Agatha stopped before sinking on the water.

" Is something wrong? "

" I can breathe on the water, right?"

Selena laughed, " Of course, you can. You're a mermaid now. Trust me, it's easy to swim with a tail."

Agatha breathed in and out, " Okay, I'm ready. " Selena helped her, at first it's hard to move her tail. She really can breathe, after only a seconds she can swim on her own. She swam gracefully, she felt like she's a part of the sea. She synchronized with the lines of tuna fish, she watched the clown fish hiding on the corals.

" This is great! " she excitedly said. She gasped, " I can talk? "

" Yes, you're a real mermaid now. You can breathe underwater and communicate with the sea creatures. "

" This is amazing. " she formed a circulation. " I never thought I'll be able to see this. "

" I'm glad you like it here. I'm sure the human world is more wonderful." she half smiled, they continued swimming deeper.

" Do you like the human world? " Agatha curiously asked.

" I...do. " she clenched her teeth, " But I can never go the land."

" Why? "

" It's forbidden, they said it's not a safe place for us. "

" But aren't you supposed to be allowed to go to the human world. Since Ariel proved that humans can be trusted. "

" Well, it used to be allowed. But right now the King was in severe disease. It happened just two months ago, the nature was unbalance that affects the health of the King, that's why he chose his closest relative to rule and it was Queen Lisanna. She had a hatred to humans, she banned us all to associate with them. "

Selena shook her head, "However, I still like humans, and one day I wish to be on land. "

 "Does that mean you'll be in danger if anyone finds out that you're helping me, a human. "

" That's okay, I love humans, they're amazing, they can walk on feet. "

" You can swim with tail, that's amazing too. "

" You can wander around the world. You can see many things, do many things and you have wonderful things, like this one! " Selena showed a leaf bracelet made of gold on her wrist. " It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, I'm always wearing it, it's my treasure. "

" But, you can also wander here, the sea had a beautiful scenery, many humans wants to explore under the sea, it's amazing. "

" You don't understand, I want to see what Princess Ariel had seen, I want to explore the places she had seen. Though she ended up being betrayed, I still admired her determination and the way she loves. She didn't even indulged a hatred towards her prince. She loves him until the end. " Selena's blue eyes lifted above. " And one day, meet a prince that can accept me for who I am. "