Chapter 24: Memory of The Past

Agatha carried Tedros, who was unconscious. She wandered around throughout dark hallways and corner of the school, to find somewhere where they will be both safe. She continued walking until she heard heavy footsteps, she stepped back, not knowing where to go. She felt the pain coming back, the power of that feather was only really temporary, just giving them enough time to escape. With her body that gets weaker again and Tedros she had to carry, she doesn't have enough time to think whether she should fight them or go back. That sorcerer and her group must have been searching for me already. I have to get away from here soon. The steps are coming closer, I have to find a place to hide.Tedros is severely injured, I have to get him to the Professors. The steps got louder and louder, it's getting near. Agatha clutched Tedros, protecting him in her arms. She had to hide him first---

" Mmpphhh--- " Agatha protested, a hand covering her mouth.

" Ssshhh, it's me. " a familiar voice said.

Agatha turned, " Edward? "

" Come with me, we have no time. " Edward took Tedros from Agatha

" We're safe here for the meantime. " Edward said, lighting a lamp on the side corner of the dark room. He leaned Tedros on the wall.

" How did you know where we are? " Agatha asked, sitting beside Tedros.

" I heard from Hester and Beatrix. "

Agatha stood up, " Are they safe? "

" Yeah, Kiko and the others healed them already. They were both hanging for their lives. Good thing, we found them at the right time. "

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have left them. " Agatha cried.

" No, Agatha. It's not your fault. It's those evils that had to be blamed for all of this. " Edward said, gently. As the girl he likes trembling and crying in front of him, he doesn't know if he can stop himself.

" E-Edward! " Agatha said in surprise. She was locked at Edward's embrace.

" I'm just so glad you're safe. When I saw you earlier I thought my heart's gonna explode in relief. I know you're strong but I can't help myself thinking what if something bad happens to you? What if I'm late and I can't see you anymore? I'm afraid,...Agatha. I don't want to lose you... I don't want to lose someone important again. "

Agatha knew she had to push him away, but she can't. Not when he cries like a child on her shoulder. Not when he cries for her. Not when she's the reason why he was so afraid right now. She gently patted his back, not knowing what to say. Edward looked deeply into her eyes, her big brown eyes captivating him.

" Why? " he whispered, caressing her face.

" Edward? " Agatha gulped, feeling awkward to his touch.

" Why can't it be me? Agatha... I love you, I can give you what he can. I'll do anything for you. So why can't you love me, the way you love him? " Edward said, pleading.

" Edward, we already talked about this, didn't we? And it's not the right time to talk about this. "

" I know, but --- " he stopped, he doesn't know if it was right to say that he just can't give her up, though he already said that he's fine just being with her.

Meanwhile, Tedros got back his consciousness, he woke up in a dark place, leaning against the cold wall. He still can't open his eyes, but he can hear someone talking. Voices? Whose? He tried to open his eyes, he squinted, observing the two people talking near the lighted lamp. Agatha? She's safe... I'm glad. He wanted to call out her name, but he stopped when he saw Edward embraced her tightly. He felt that he was stabbed, it hurts more than the injuries and the pain from the fights. Stop, Don't touch her. She's mine! He wanted to shout and tell that to Edward, but he was stunned when Agatha didn't push him away. Why? Why are you letting him touch you? Agatha! He almost voice out, but he didn't. Is this what my father felt when my mother cheated on him... It hurts, it feels like I want to die. Can Agatha really do this to me? Is she going to abandon me, like my mother did? Will I have the same fate as my father? No... I don't want that. He tried to move, he lifted up his hand. He froze when he heard the pleading of Edward. He listened,he wanted to know what Agatha will say.