Chapter 34:Red Thread of Fate

The light shadow of the sun reflects on the clear water of the river. Dry leaves in a star shape with gold orange started to fall and wash away by the current.

 " Tedros! Look! The river is so pretty. " Agatha started playing at the cold water. 

 Tedros smiled sitting at the bed of grass, " Be careful, the rocks are slippery. " 

 Agatha nodded and continued walking barefoot. 

 Tedros took a deep breath, it was a perfect day. He felt a chill when the cold wind passed by.                      " Agatha, you should get out now. You'll catch a cold. " but Agatha didn't look at him, as if she didn't heard him at all. Tedros frowned, " Agatha! " he called, still Agatha didn't turn. He got up and walked towards the river, he stepped in, the cold water made him shiver. But instead of a clear blue water, the river was tainted of red color, red like a blood. He felt a surge of shock and fear, " Agatha! " he yelled. The sun changed into a bloody moon. The warm breeze turned into cold air, and Agatha was nowhere to be found. Tedros swirled around, searching for Agatha. But he only found darkness and dried leaves. He ran around, calling Agatha's name. He reached an unusual big tree, he wheezed, tired from all the running.

 " Tedros. " 

 Tedros turned to find Agatha," God! Agatha, I've been searching for you. You made me so worried. " he made a step towards her, he stood still when a shadow suddenly appeared behind her. On the moonlight, he saw his face with an eye-patched. He grinned at him, " I'll take everything you treasures, just like what you did to me. " A glint of sharp knife beamed, he grabbed Agatha on the neck and thrust the knife to her eyes- 

Tedros panted heavily, he wiped off his sweats on his forehead, he fell asleep on his study table. He leaned back on his chair, papers and documents about the recent cases of people with a royal blood or nobles from different part of the country scattered on his table. This must be because I'm so tired from all the work. There's been unusual happenings that involves the royal families. I've been trying to sort out the documents that might help to solve the case of the disappearance of some nobles and royalties'. He had a flashback of his dream. I have to make sure Agatha won't leave the castle. He stood and grabbed his fur coat hanging near the door. 

 The door creaked open, light footsteps can be heard on the silent night. Moonlit shadow passing through the window. Agatha was sleeping soundly, mouth-opened. Tedros stood still at her bedside. Gently touching her cheeks, he sat on the edge. He silently watched her, " I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you Agatha. I'll protect you no matter what the cost is. No one can take you away from me again, as long as I'm alive in this world. I'm going to protect you. " he softly kiss her forehead. Clasping their hands together, he stayed with her. The last time I had that kind of dream, I lost Agatha...

  " Princess Agatha... It's time to wake up. " a chamber maid knocked on the door.

 Agatha yawned, blinking, she stared at her open palms. Why do i feel like, someone was holding my hand? 

 " Princess Agatha? " 

 Agatha jolted, " Ah, yeah.. I'm awake.. You can go now. " she answered, " Must be my imagination.. " she swept out of bed. " Now, what should i do today? " Agatha pondered while picking a dress to wear. She opened the wide glass wardrobe that has a lot of clothes, from simple to elegant. When she saw this for the first time she can't believe that it's only for her. She told Wales that she doesn't need all those clothes but he insisted that as a princess of the Camelot, they can't let her wear a simple and unappealing dress. " He should at least stop at the simple, why add unappealing? " Agatha grunted, as she picked a baby blue dress with short sleeves, a pair of white shoes, and a blue rose hairpins. She looked at the mirror after she's done. She held her breath, the mirror reflected a royal princess with her long shiny black hair, her skin smooth and white, her short sleeves showing off her slender arms, but her lady bug eyes never changed, she stared hard, a face of someone familiar to her- " Now that i looked hard, I really do look like... Mom. "