Chapter 18: Song of Love

They finished their dinner, but before going back to the dance floor, they took a little break.

" Should we go back to the room? " Kiko asked Sophie while leaving the table.

" Right, let's go. " they excused themselves.

" Wait, maybe she's with Edward? " Tristan suggested, rising up from his chair.

" You think so? " Kiko asked.

" Well, I haven't seen him since earlier. " he said, now he's beside Kiko.

" What about Nathaniel? Did you saw him? Maybe he's with him. " Sophie asked.

" Well, " he roamed his eyes, " There he is! " he pointed to the guy wearing a gray suit, with black mask, near on the serving table.

" How did you know? " they both asked him.

" Well, I lend him that suit, so I know it's him. " he shrugged his shoulders.

" What about Edward? Did you know what he wears? " Sophie asked.

" I think a black suit, I'm not really sure. "

" What should we do? " Kiko sounded worried.

They were all startled when the lights turned off, everyone was frightened, then the small lights appeared, they saw a guy with his gold mask, standing in front of everyone. They started murmuring, the guy in front of them spoke in a loud voice.

" I'm sorry for interrupting your enjoyment. But please give me this chance to ask for the hand of my princess. " he kindly requested. He took his guitar and sat on a chair, he breathed deeply and started playing the guitar.

" Can't blame you,

for thinking that you never really knew me at all.          

   I tried to deny you."

Everyone stop murmuring as they listened to the harmonic sound of his voice. Every princess was taken by his sweet voice. How they wish that sweet song was meant for them.

" So here I am, with all my heart.       

  I hope you understand.                     

    I know I've let you down                   

   but I'll never gonna make the mistake again. "                                          

He stood up from his chair and walked to the center. He approached the princess who was the belle-of-the-ball. She was astonished as she doesn't know what to do. Everyone was on ecstasy from the sweet scene in front of them.

"You brought me closer                         

to who I really am.                                

  So come take my hand                        

  Cause I want the world to see.               

What you mean to me                           

What you mean to me "                      

Everyone gave them a round of applause. He took off his mask, everyone was surprised as he revealed himself, it's Tedros. He bent on his one knee, he looked up to her. He spoke in a mellow yet gentle voice, " Will you be my princess, not only today but forever."