Chapter 8: The man with Black Stone

After half a day, they can already see the Pifflehaff Hills, it's green and yellow hills were cool in the eyes, besides the Pifflehaff Hills was the Purple Mist Woods, it was not a good choice to go, just from its name, it will be hard to get out from that woods. They can already see some people down the hills. As they reached it, they can see people staring at them. Before climbing the hills, they let their horses rest and feed them on the green grass. They continued mounting the hills, before sunset they reached the top of the hill. They spent the night on one of the inn houses, when morning came they continue their journey on the other side of the hill. It was more easy to go down, they picked some sweet red apples on their way down. They successfully crossed the Pifflehaff Hill, they were now crossing the dried grass land. It was a hot afternoon, they shared their bottled water to their horses. They bath on their own sweats, the sun was setting down again, they continued their journey.

" We're almost on the Enchanted Forest. There has to be a lake in there. " Edward said, his throat was already dry.

" I can't take it anymore, all the water on my body was already drained. " Sophie weakly said.

" Just hang on, we're almost there." Agatha said.

After three more hours, they reached the Enchanted Forest. On the middle of the forest they found the blue lake, shining like a crystal, the crest moon was clearly reflected on it. They immediately drunk the water on the lake, they felt their lost energy back to their bodies. It was like they didn't even crossed the dried grass land. They filled their bottles of the water, they let their horses drink. They rest under a big tree, Agatha and Sophie peeled the apples they picked up. Edward and Nathaniel searched for a wild animal.

" This is really sweet and juicy. " Sophie said as she ate the apples.

Agatha just nodded in agreement, her mouth full of chopped apples. She was so hungry that she doesn't have time to slowly eat the fruit. Edward and Nathaniel came back, two rabbits on their hands. Agatha's mouth fell open as she saw the poor rabbit.

" What is that? " Agatha gasped.

" Our dinner. " Edward proudly raised the rabbit.

" You're kidding, it's just a small rabbit. It's still young. " Agatha cried.

" We can't find anything, since it was already dark. We should just bear with this. "

" No, we're not. You're going to free that poor rabbits. " she commanded, she looked at the teary eyes of the mother and daughter's rabbit, strange but she can still understand them though they were not animals on the school.

Edward brows crossed, he doesn't understand what's the big deal about the rabbits being young, they were still meat and their dinner. He fought Agatha's glare, they both glared at each other, Sophie and Nathaniel watched them, waiting for the one who will give up, five minutes, ten minutes...

" Arghh! Fine, you win. " Edward admitted, he let go of the rabbit, Nathaniel also did it. " Now, what should we eat? There's no apples left. "

Oops, I didn't think of that. Agatha wandered her eyes, not so far away, she saw a group of fireflies, she walked towards it, her eyes widened in amazement as she saw juicy blueberries, she gazed up, its not only blueberries, there's also a tree of mangoes rich in its fruit, a jackfruit, banana, oranges, kiwi, and manganese.

" Guys, come here! " she called.

" Whoa, what's this? " Nathaniel said, gazing at the fruit trees.

" This place is not called Enchanted Forest for nothing... " Sophie said in amazement.

" Did you see this earlier? " Edward asked.

" No, I'm sure I didn't. " Agatha said.

" Maybe it only appears on night. " Nathaniel said.