52

Amari

Spending time with Justin and his family seemed to be the perfect way to get away from all of the rush and drama that had engulfed us back home.

Although, it did leave room for a lot of awkward conversation. Justin's mom, Unice, had spent the last two days trying to convince us to move out here after the baby was born. Justin didn't seem to mind the idea, but for me, that didn't seem likely.

"Amari." Justin called from across the room as I sat at his old desk emailing Lisa about the next step for the hotel.

It was basically done and we were finally getting the elevators installed. After that, I just had to have a walk through done then I could mark the project as complete and move on with my life.

"One second..." I mumble finishing up the email and letting my eyes speed over it for a moment before sending it.

"Amari..." Justin sang from the behind me again.

"Yeah?" I ask clicking on another email from the elevator guy.

"We need to talk." He said and his voice sounded closer this time.

"About?"

"Giving some consideration to my Mom's proposal." He said before clearing his throat. "It wouldn't hurt to have a look at some of the houses out here."

"It wouldn't?" I ask beginning to type a new email. "I mean, I guess you're right, but what's the point? We're not gonna be out here that often."

"We would be if we moved here full time." He spoke cautiously and I turned to look at him a bit surprised.

"You want to move out here?" I ask. "But we basically just moved into the house we have now."

"We've lived there for two years now. A change of pace really wouldn't hurt." He shrugged.

"Yes it would." I scoff. "In case you've forgotten, my business headquarters is out there. Not to mention my son's father and my family."

"Yeah, but my family is out here." He replied. "Both of the houses we own are closer to your family and we nothing out here, Amari."

"Then we can look for a small getaway house or something, but I don't think living out here full time is in our best interest." I shake my head.

"Why not? Living where we are now isn't exactly the most peaceful." He scoffs.

"Justin, I'm not arguing with you." I roll my eyes turning back towards my laptop.

"We're not arguing, we're just having a conversation." He said pulling my chair over to him and away from the desk. "That's what adults do."

I study his face for a moment before sighing and looking away towards the window. The sun had began to set outside tinting the sky a light pink and orange shade as it did so.

"Look, I understand that you want to stay close to Tyler for the sake of your son, but I don't think that environment has proven to be the most..." He searched for the right word. "Emotionally prosperous for you or me. This could be good for us."