6

Amari

Here I sit on the bed watching Justin pace back and forth angrily as he lectured me about bringing drunk people we hardly know into our home.

"I'm just trying to understand what would possess you to bring her here. Want to share?" Justin asked putting his hands on his hips.

"She's drunk and sad." I started slowly. "Her husband wasn't answering his phone and I don't know their address. So excuse me for wanting to be kind."

"You could've been kind and checked her into a hotel." He said.

"You saw how she was dressed. They'd think she was some kind of hooker." I rolled my eyes. "Plus, look at how I'm dressed. Pajamas and no shoes."

"So? How often do you go to hotels?" Justin scoffed. "Besides, her husband owns a chain of hotels. You couldn't put her in one of those."

"I forgot about that." I puckered my lips and pointed at him. "Point is, she's here and it's too late. Stop stressing."

"Don't tell me to stop stressing!" He argued. "What if she's mentally unstable and tries to kill us. Then what? Did you check her for any weapons?"

"No..." He cut me off.

"Oh my God!" He laid on the floor. "This girl could have a grenade in her bag and we don't even know."

"Justin..." He cut me off again.

"I'm glad you know my name." He said.

"You're being over dramatic." I rolled my eyes. "Can't we just go to sleep?"

"Well excuse me for wanting to make sure we're safe." He mumbled standing up and waving his hands at me. "I'm not sleeping with you."

"Why not?" I scoffed.

"Because you're making me mad." He said under his breath.

He snatched the covers off of the bed and grabbed two pillows before laying on the floor beside my feet.

"Turn the lights off please." He said.

"You'd rather sleep down there than in bed with me?" I laughed.

"It wouldn't be the first time I slept under you." He said with his eyes closed and a smirk on his face.

"Shut up." I kicked him. "Fine. Have it your way."

I flicked the lights off and laid down listening to Justin murmur random things under his breath. He did this after every argument because he knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if he kept talking. He was so over dramatic and petty.

"Justin." I said seriously.

"Am I bothering you?" He asked smartly.

"Just a bit." I said.

"Oh well." He mumbled.

Next Morning

"I'll meet you at your office. Don't forget my clothes." Danielle spoke into the phone. "Yes I'm alright. Okay. Bye."

She hung up and grabbed her bag.