10

Amari

"Okay. Just call them and tell them that I need to speak with them at some time this week." I said into the phone.

Instead of following directions, Lisa called and had the window people come over and start working early and they botched the job. Now it's on me to get it fixed.

"Amari..." Justin mumbled. "Hang up."

"It's work." I mumbled. "Lisa, just schedule a meeting for the day after I get back. How hard is that?"

"Why are you still working?" Justin asked sitting up.

"Because it's my job?" I asked. "Okay. Bye."

I hung up and sat on the bed.

"Don't they understand the concept of taking time off?" Justin asked. "I think you should stop answering their phone calls."

"Yeah, no." I shook my head. "Then more things are just gonna go wrong."

Justin went to say something else, but was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Tyler.

"Are you really about to answer that?" Justin asked annoyed.

I held up a finger at him.

"Hello?" I answered.

"When will you be back? These windows are horrendous." He said.

"In two days." I sighed. "I'm gonna get them fixed as soon as I get back."

"Did you see them? Did anyone send you a photo? These can't be fixed in a day." He said.

"Well, you told Lisa to get them done and she did." I said. "There's a reason why I told them to wait until I got back."

"This is her job. She should know how to do it." Tyler argued.

"That isn't her job." I said. "Her job is to make schedules, receive, edit, and revise contracts, and do whatever else it is that I tell her to do. You interferes with her job the moment you walked into that hotel."

"Whatever. Just be prepared for what you're about to see." He said and hung up.

He sent me a picture of the windows. They were tiled and some were cut bigger than others. It was horrible.

"Amari." Justin called. "Lay down."

"What don't you get about me saying that I am working?" I asked.

"The working part when you aren't supposed to be working." He answered.

"Tyler told Lisa to get the windows put in and those guys botched the job." I said.

"He knew she wasn't supposed to get them put in?" Justin asked.

"Yes, but he was in a rush." I sighed.

"A rush for what?" Justin scoffed. "He just wanted an excuse to talk to you."

"That's not..." He cut me off.