8

Amari

"Are we there yet?" Justin complained from the passenger seat.

He had been asking this same question since we traded spots at the gas station.

"Are we there yet?" He asked again.

"You know the way to your Mom's house better than I do." I laughed. "Now hush."

"I'm so bored!" He groaned. "Let's get in the backseat."

"You're making a six hour drive a seven hour drive." I laughed leaning closer to the steering wheel to get a better view.

"Only seven? I was thinking more along the lines of 8 if not 9." He said. "Let's just get a hotel room, honestly."

He slid his hand up the back of my shirt.

"I'll give you a massage." He said.

"I'm driving." I laughed.

"So?" He laughed. "Pull over."

"When we leave your Mom's house." I said.

"Do you know how many people are going to be there?" He asked. "We won't be able to leave."

"Aww." I patted his leg. "Sucks for you."

When we made it to his Mom's house, I was in the passenger seat and Justin was driving. Loud music blasted from the house and there were cars parked everywhere. It wasn't a surprise which house belonged to his Mother.

"Okay. We go in, we get out." Justin said turning the car off. "Avoid the children. They won't let you leave without a fight."

"You're being a bit dramatic." I laughed.

"You think I am." He side eyed me. "We just have to be seen by my Mother and three of my cousins. Maybe an Aunt or Uncle."

"Okay." I nodded.

We got out of the car and Justin took in a dramatic breath before grabbing my hand. We walked into the house and immediately Justin was being bombarded by all of the children.

Failed at his own plan.

"I got a new airplane, Justin!" A little boy cheered grabbing onto his hand.

"Oh, hey!" Justin laughed. "That's so cool. Let me see."

"No, Justin!" A little girl spoke up. "You have to see my new haircut!"

She turned around and started swinging her long blonde hair from side to side.

"You look so beautiful!" He gushed. "Almost like Rapunzel."

"What about me Justin?" Another little girl with shoulder length brown hair and glasses asked.

"I already told you." A boy that resembled her spoke up. "You look like Jeanette from the chipettes."

"I don wanna look like her!" The little girl stamped her foot and crossed her arms.

"Well, they can't all be winners..." Justin mumbled putting his hands on his hips and looking around. "You know what? You look like Amy Johnson."