13

Danielle

He wasn't over her.

"Sex on the Beach, please." I ordered.

I didn't blame him for not being over her.

"Alright." The bartender nodded.

I also didn't have any reason to be upset about anything. He hadn't betrayed me.

As far as I knew, he didn't have any plans on betraying me either.

Maybe it was just my insecurities speaking, but I wouldn't blame him if he did choose Amari.

He knew her and I bet she'd be able to carry his children.

The bartender handed me my drink and I thanked him.

"Anything for you sir?" The bartender asked.

"Yeah." The man sighed. "Rum and coke."

It was Amari's boyfriend.

I guess he noticed me staring because he looked up and sighed

Justin

Just my luck.

I would run into anyone but the person I'm looking for.

"Why are you here?" Danielle asked moving to the seat beside me.

Something was off about her. I didn't trust her. I definitely didn't trust her around Amari especially with this newfound knowledge about Amari and Tyler. She had every reason to hate Amari.

"You aren't gonna talk to me?" She asked. "That's fine. We can just sit here."

The bartender handed me my drink and left to serve someone else.

"I just saw Amari..." Danielle started. "She came by the house to see Tyler."

Suddenly I wasn't in the mood for a drink anymore.

"You probably already knew that, though." Danielle shrugged sipping her drink. "You two are very close."

"Yeah. I knew that." I lied taking a swig of my drink.

I paid the bartender and hurried to leave before Danielle said anything else.

I needed a clear head so when I asked Amari about this, I wouldn't have a made up mind about what she went over there for.