34

8 years ago

"We're gonna have to get you into surgery as soon as possible." The Doctor rushed out buzzing nurses to come into the room. "She's losing too much blood. We have to get in there and make sure that baby is okay."

"Yes sir." The nurse said trying to stabilize my vitals.

"We need to get a parent in here!" The Doctor called out to no nurse in particular. "She's only 16!"

Rushed footsteps ran out of the door and down the hall.

"What name should I put on the door?" Another nurse asked.

My vision had become blurry and it was getting harder for me to keep my eyes open.

Their voices were becoming echos and it was getting harder for me to listen and focus on what was happening.

"Put her name." The Doctor said. "Janice Rose..."

Today

Tyler

I tried to focus on my paperwork, but something was bugging me.

How had Danielle gotten that disk?

I told security to get rid of it and they had assured me that they had.

I ran a hand through my hair remembering that day.

Remembering the panic on Amari's face and how rushed her words had been.

"I wonder what ever happened to Janice..." I mumbled leaning back in my chair.

I wonder why she disappeared so suddenly.

It really didn't matter until now.

What had happened had been done, but Danielle could bring all of that back up if she didn't mind her business.

I picked up the phone and dialed a number I never thought I would be using.

Grandpa had given me the number for just incase and I thought he was being dramatic.

"James Young, how can I help you?" He spoke over the phone.

"I need you to look into something for me..."

Amari

"Ma'am, Mrs.Brooks is here to see you." Lisa said softly as she walked into my office.

"Really?" I asked surprised. "Send her in."

Lisa nodded and left only to be replaced by Danielle.

She was not the Mrs.Brooks I was hoping to see.

"Hi! Come in." I smiled at her.

She gave me a soft smile and closed the door behind her.

I heard the lock click and suddenly, I was very curious about the nature of this visit.