43

Tyler

"You want me to sign divorce papers?" Danielle asked glancing up at me. "Now? Does this seem like the perfect setting for this? The right time?"

"After what you did? Yeah." I nodded. "Besides, there's never really a right time for things like this."

She stared at the paper for a moment before leaning back in her chair and nodding.

"I see what this is..." She said quietly. "Amari's available, isn't she? I knew it was only a matter of time before you left me for her, but I really thought her and Justin would last. I don't know why considering she still isn't engaged to that man..."

"Can you just sign the papers?" I cut her off nudging the papers closer to her.

"No." She shook her head. "Tyler, you really need to think about this. You're really going to throw away everything we have because of a crush you have on a girl you haven't seen in however many years?"

"No. I'm throwing this away because it's dead after you lied and tried to blackmail everyone like an episode of Gossip Girl." I said.

"One mistake. I made one mistake and you can't forgive me for it?" She whispered leaning in closer. "How many mistakes have you made that I've forgiven you for? Even now. I'm begging you to stay when I already know that you're bursting at the seams to run to Amari and..."

"Everything isn't about Amari!" I screamed before taking a deep breath, leaning in closer, and lowering my voice. "This has nothing to do with Amari."

"Like hell it does." Danielle scoffed. "It's always about Amari. Everything that goes wrong between us is because of her. Why did I fake the damn pregnancy in the first place, Tyler? Because you were on the verge of running back to her. Why are you so hell bent on leaving me? Because you want her. Well, I hate to tell you this, but she's accounted for. She's with Justin. She's having his kid for fucks sake. When are you going to grow the hell up and move on? You don't stand a chance anymore. You still like her and it's embarrassingly obvious."

We stared at each other for a moment before Danielle nervously fixed her hair and reached across the table to grab my hand.

"Tyler, you're stubborn, selfish, and a narcissistic asshole. No one will be able to love you the same way I have for years. There's only one other person that came close and you didn't want her when you had the chance to have her." Danielle squeezed my hand. "It's time for you to wake up for this fever induced dream of yours and see reality. You'll never have Amari so get over it. You had your chance and you blew up. Don't mess up the only constant thing left in your life. Think about it."

Danielle patted my arm and walked away leaving me to myself. I don't have a crush on Amari! I was too old for that. We were just friends. Hardly even that.

Justin

"Don't worry. I didn't come to interrupt your date with Tyler. I just need more clothes." I said walking into the house and over to the stairs.

I paused and looked around to see no one there. Maybe they were upstairs? I walked upstairs skipping a few steps. If I walked in on them, I swear! I pushed the door open to reveal an empty bedroom. I looked around and nodded walking into the closet.