33

Tyler

"...You don't even know the half of what happened that day." I mumbled standing up. "And I suggest you keep it that way."

"Or what?" Danielle asked. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't drive over there and show this to Justin. Ruin her relationship the same way she ruined mine."

"Because she didn't ruin us. You did." I said. "Besides, that was before she even met Justin. Trust me, I know."

"Tell me how you know." She said walking over to me.

"Because I know what happened that day." I said pointed at the Tv. "I know what happened after I closed my office door and turned that lock. You don't."

A sad smile fell onto my lips as I remembered that day. As I remembered why Amari had taken that long drive to get to me that morning.

"I don't know what to do anymore." She said staring at me waiting for my reaction.

"Amari, what can we do?" I asked. "You clearly don't want to be with me and I'm married now."

"I don't care about any of that." She shook her head. "And you know I don't. I just want to know..."

"Where do we go from here?" I finished the sentence she started.

"Yeah..." She said quietly.

"What are you going to do with that?" I asked Danielle.

"I don't know yet." She crossed her arms. "Might get it published. Might send copies to all of your partners. Might even speak publicly about getting cheated on so early in our marriage. I wonder how credible you'll be once the world hears about how neglectful you are to your wife."

I shrugged.

"Or how many people will want to work with Amari once they find out she's a home wrecker." Danielle added.

"But she's not." I mumbled.

"She is!" Danielle replied. "Why else would she have come to visit you?"

"Nothing like that." I shook my head.

"But that's not what this looks like." Danielle pressed play on the remote. "I mean, we could always keep this between us."

I peeled my eyes from the Tv and stared at Danielle.

"You know what I'm insisting." She said softly. "So... What do you want to do?"

She was bluffing.

Putting this out would ruin not only my career, but Amari's and hers.

But Danielle didn't have much of a career to start with.

She really didn't care.

Why did I always get stuck with the crazy ones?

"Fine." I waved my hand. "For appearance sake, I'll overlook what you did as long as you make sure that never gets out."