53

Amari

When we got home, the first thing I did was go to the hotel to check on everything and make sure Lisa had done everything I asked of her.

"And this..." Lisa says leading me around the building. "Is where the boutique will be."

I nod my head stepping inside of the empty space and looking up at the lights to make sure everything had been installed properly.

"Great. And did you tell Tyler that he can do his official walk through of the building yet?" I ask looking back at her.

"I did. He's gonna be here in a few minutes with the boutique owner to make sure everything is alright." Lisa explains looking down at her notes.

I nod my head and walk back out to the main lobby admiring the natural lighting coming in from the windows and shining down onto the furniture.

"This is gorgeous." I say to myself as my hand instinctively rubs my belly.

"You really outdid yourself on this." I hear Tyler say.

I turn around nodding my head, but stop when I notice who was behind him. What are the chances that Jake, of all people, would be involved with this project as well?

"Hello." Jake waves at me with a small smile.

His eyes glance from my stomach back over to Tyler then back to me. Tyler pats his shoulder and comes over to stand in front of me.

"Are the elevators done?" He asks.

"Not yet. They're still being worked on. We need the electrical line to extend out to the elevator lights then we're gonna have cameras put in around the outside of the building, the elevators, and the lobby." I explain. "I think one directly behind the desk slightly angled down. That way you can keep track of transactions and have a clear view of everything that happens in the lobby as well as a camera angled towards the doors."

"Yeah..." Tyler nods his head looking over at wherever I pointed to. "We should probably get some put into the boutique as well. Jake?"

We both turn to Jake who was still watching us from a distance. He shakes his head and comes over to join us.

"Yeah. The door, above the registers, and one to get a view of the entire boutique." He nods his head. "If you don't mind me asking, how far along are you?"

I look from him to Tyler and shrug.

"Almost six months." I answer.

"Congratulations." He smiles at me and looks over to Tyler again. "Both of you?"

"God no." I scoff quickly shaking my head.

"Absolutely not." Tyler waves his hands. "I'm married."

"Oh. Sorry. I just assumed..."

"Yeah. Don't do that." Tyler nods walking away.

I roll my eyes and follow after him letting Jake fall in line as well.