38 (Reprise)

Amari

"Did he answer?" Tyler asked putting our bags in the trunk.

"No." I shook my head. "He's probably still out."

"Probably." Tyler shrugged. "If we go now we could probably catch Hunter and Angel before they leave for New Zealand Tomorrow."

They were going out of town to celebrate their engagement. Hunter had proposed Yesterday and was upset that Tyler and I weren't home when he popped the question, so we were set on going to see him before he left.

"Can we stop for chips?" Kyler asked watching Tyler intently.

"Yeah. When we stop for gas." Tyler said closing the trunk.

We all got into the car. I buckled Kyler in before getting into the passenger seat.

That Night

Justin

"Look at that..." My old roommate, Terry, laughed as he watched some girls in tight fitted dresses walk pass us.

He had decided that we should go out and drink.

He was enjoying himself, but I couldn't stop thinking about that video.

How had Danielle even gotten that?

Why was Amari there to see him?

Why did she kiss him?

"Alden, where are you right now?" Terry laughed calling me by my last name.

"In my head apparently." I mumbled sipping from my drink.

"Well, get out of it and get into one of these dresses." He said waving at a girl that had been staring at us.

"In case you forgot, I have a girl." I said.

"Not a wife, though." He scoffed.

"Not a wife, yet." I pointed at him. "And I have a child. Almost."

"Really?" He slapped my arm. "Congrats man! But my point still stands. Neither of those things are official. She's still just a girlfriend and the baby isn't here yet. Have fun. No proof, no harm, no foul."

"You're ridiculous." I chuckled taking another swig of my drink.

"Hey! No one has to know you were even here. Don't give them your real name." He shrugged.

"Absolutely not." I shook my head. "You know I'm not like that."

I couldn't cheat on Amari. No matter how upset I was right now, I just couldn't. We were too old to be playing like that.

I had seen the video, but, no matter how much I hated giving her credit, Jessica had taught us to stop jumping to conclusions all the time.

So I would wait until I saw Amari and asked about it.

"Justin..." Terry was cut off by some girl walking over to us and leaning on the counter.