19

Amari

A Week Later

Justin and I walked into Jessica's office ready to begin our next session.

Well, I was ready.

Justin was a bit annoyed already. He really didn't like asking for help.

"Hey guys!" Jessica smiled at us as we took our seats. "Ready to start?"

"Yeah." I nodded and Justin nodded slowly.

"Okay! Well, Today we're going to touch on what Amari doesn't like about you, Justin. But I'm saving that for last." Jessica said reading over her notes. "First, I'd like to talk about your relationship with Tyler, Amari. Just to better understand it."

"Okay." I cleared my throat.

"So, Justin and I already know about how you two were friends for a very long time. That shifted into an intimate relationship and that shifted to a real relationship that didn't last long. You two fell apart and haven't talked since." Jessica recapped her notes. "Until he became your client. Right?"

"Right." I nodded shifting in my seat.

"Let's take this back to when you two officially broke up." Jessica said looking at me. "How did that go down?"

"Well, I just left him in his car." I shrugged. "It's not much to say about it. I just... Left him. Yeah."

"Okay." She wrote that down. "Was that your last interaction with him?"

"No. We did go to the same school and had a lot of classes together. Not to mention our families are very close." I explained. "To cut him off completely at the time, meant that I'd have to distance myself from everyone and I didn't want to do that."

"Right." She nodded. "Now, and this may seem too personal, but your last sexual encounter with him? When was that?"

"Why does it matter?" I asked ignoring the sudden urge to vomit.

"It's just to better understand the connection the two of you had." Jessica said. "To better understand your level of self control, if you will."

I glanced over at Justin, who was already watching me, then back to Jessica, who was preparing to write down what I said.

"Our last sexual encounter was..."

Tyler

"I'm not feeling this." Danielle said fanning herself as the hot Jamaican sun shined down onto her face.

"I told you to put on a hat." I said grabbing her hand.

"Shut up." She laughed. "You look like a middle aged father on vacation with the kids."

"And you look sunburned." I laughed.

"Not once I hop in the water." She said kicking her sandals off in the sand.

I watched her run to the water before dipping a toe in and looking back at me.

"Go ahead!" I yelled out to her.