Chapter 86 - Arisa

The day of the election, Khaleel was supposed to head to the condo and attend dinner with his family. Instead, he decided to take me home, and procrastinate spending time with them. I invited him inside for refreshments, all the while trying to convince him to give Rida and the girls a chance. I wasn't sure why he was so adamant about labeling her as the bad guy, especially when he hadn't really made an effort to get to know her.

Khaleel was ready to assume that Rida talked "shit" about him behind his back, but I think she was only trying to understand her step-son a little better. It was probably easier to get information about him from Kumar, her husband, and daughters. When Khaleel said, "she's only pretending to take an interest in me," it seemed like he was projecting his own disinterest in her. And I think the added responsibility of having to look after his sister Maha next year was the icing on the cake.

"So, your mom's working late today?" Khaleel changed the subject.

I set two tall glasses of coke on the coffee table, as the idiot began grinning ear to ear. "Don't even think about it," I said, joining him on the love seat. "You're going to drink this and go home. Unless you want Kumar to show up and force your perverted ass out?"

Khaleel kept smiling. "Get your head out of the gutter, Hoffman. That's not why I was asking."

I raised my brow and pursued my lips. "Then why are you asking, Abdul?"

Khaleel hopped off the love seat and beamed. "Because I want to see what your room looks like!"

My blank expression added to his curiosity. "That's a hard no," I said anyway.

"Why not? Come on, you saw my room."

"I only saw it because you seduced me into it,"I retorted, taking a drink of my coke.

"I can seduce you into yours if you would like," he said, hovering over me. I stuck my middle finger at him and then pointed to his untouched coke with it. Khaleel held my gaze and waited for me to crack under the pressure but I refused to.

"Okay," my boyfriend shrugged. "If you're going to be like this then I have no choice but to take matters into my own hands."

"And what exactly does that mean?"

The jerk stormed out of the living room and hauled ass up the stairs. "Khaleel!" I yelled, rushing after him. There was no way! No way! My room was dirty! I had laundry to put away! I couldn't let him barge in there and invade my sanctum! Thankfully, he took a left turn towards my mother's room and the guest bedroom. I took that opportunity to dash down the right hall.

"Shit!" Khaleel was quick to catch on. He hurried over and tried to break through my defence. "It's going to happen sooner or later, babe. Just move aside and give your man a peak."

I stepped on his foot and glared daggers. "My man can take a short walk off a steep cliff!"

Khaleel hopped in reaction to the injury and backed away. I was ready to fight him off if necessary and he looked like he was ready to accept the challenge. I put all my strength against his chest, so he couldn't reach the entrance, but as per usual, the guy was a force to be reckoned with. Khaleel pushed back and got his hands on my closed bedroom door.

"Okay, okay!" I gave in, stepping on his other foot. Khaleel cursed and hopped away again. It was his turn to glare. "I need five minutes to tidy up. Then you can come inside."

"Two minutes," he bargained.

"Three."

"Two and I'm going to time you."

"Fine," I scoffed, sneaking inside, and slamming the door in his face. I quickly picked shirts and shorts off the floor first, then all my bras and underwear off the drying rack. I tucked them away in my dresser before making my bed. I grabbed my childhood teddy bears and hid them in the closet. I pulled the curtains open to let some sunlight in, and then I rushed to my desk to dump the empty chip bags and juice containers into the trash can. I collected my school workbooks off my bedside table and threw them under my bed. Among them was a spicy erotica I was reading. Khaleel didn't need to see that.

I heard his phone chime in the hall. "Time's up, Hoffman! Let me in!"

I cracked the door open and gave him sad eyes. "You have to give me another minute," I pouted.

He leaned down to peck my lips. "Request denied."