Chapter 65 -Tomasia

I stared at my phone in disbelief. I didn't know how, but Mr. Salim had somehow found my number and decided to text me. I couldn't remember if Jackheights gave student teachers access to the students' contact information. That had to be the case though. How else would he get my number? And how dare he text me? After what he put me through? After his shady behaviour? Where did he get off demanding things? My blood boiled just reading the message.

'If you want to know more about your corrupt brother then come meet me in the school courtyard in twenty minutes.'

I looked up at Matilda and Arisa, who were sitting across the long table in the media room. We finished writing out the speech I was supposed to deliver at tomorrow's school assembly, we discussed what Matilda would say in my stead, and what strategies we would use to beat Joon Lee. We were just about to pack up when my phone chimed to ruin things.

"What is it?" Arisa asked.

I didn't know if I should tell her. "N-Nothing," I lied, stuffing my phone away.

"It's not nothing," Arisa said, pushing for answers. "You look like you just saw a ghost. Who texted you?"

I swallowed hard. "Matilda," I said, changing the subject. "Come to school early tomorrow, that way we can rehearse your speech one more time. Winning might be a pipe dream but we can't go down without a fight."

Matilda nodded. "Okay, sounds good."

Arisa annoyingly kept her attention on me.

Matilda was the first one to leave the media room, soon after, the students I appointed to become a part of my council followed her out. I got all my folders together and stuffed my back-pack full, still trying to ignore my bodyguard's gaze.

"Tomasia," I heard Arisa say. "Who messaged you?"

"I said it was nothing didn't I?"

"God," she complained. "Stubbornness must run in the family. You don't have to deal with everything yourself. Let me help."

I exhaled sharply. "It doesn't matter because I'm not going to respond to the message or do what it says. So, just drop it."

"Fine," Arisa shrugged. "But you being cryptic about this mysterious message is going on the report I plan on sending Zander and Loyal."

My heart sank. "That's not funny," I said sternly.

My bodyguard beamed. "You should know by now that my curiosity is insatiable. So, you can either spill the beans or have your brother and ex-boyfriend hound you with questions instead."

What a mischievous little—

Upset, I got my phone out and pulled up Mr. Salim's message. Arisa walked around the table to read it. Her eyes bulged right after. "Forward it to Khaleel," she instructured.

"Excuse me?"

Arisa crossed her arms. "You have to forward it to Khaleel. Trust him to take care of this for you."

I blinked at her. "Are you insane?"

"No, but you will be if you don't send him that message," she retorted. "One way or another, the rooftop losers are going to find the student teacher, and get what they need out of him. And when they do...we both know it's game over. You forwarding the message will fast-track the process."

Why couldn't I disagree with her? Why couldn't I say I didn't want her or the school delinquent's help? Was it because Arisa was right? Loyal was already on a hunt for the school receptionist. He didn't have to tell me what his plans were, I just knew it would be destructive. Call it a twin's intuition but he was out for revenge—for blood—and nothing was going to stop him until he was soaking in it. Zander was the same. He blamed the student teacher and school receptionist for ending our relationship. His temper wasn't going to settle until he returned the favour.

I gave into Arisa's suggestion and forwarded the message to Khaleel. The less I knew, the better. The faster my brother and his friends handled things, the sooner I would be able to move on.

"I know it's hard but this is the right move," Arisa said, leaning against the table.

I raised my brow at her. "Is it just me or has Khaleel been rubbing off on you?"

It was Arisa's turn to feel uncomfortable. "W-What are you talking about? He's not."

I couldn't help but tease her back. "If I were you, I would be careful, Arisa. Once you're in the lion's den, there is no escaping. If you're not careful, he might consume your entire existence."

Stress claimed my bodyguard's face.

"Being the school delinquent isn't the only thing he's known for," I informed her. "Heartbreaker, Wildcard, and the Devil's Right Hand. Those are just a few of the nicknames he earned since middle school. You were so focused on my brother, I'm sure you didn't notice Khaleel luring you into his playpen."

Arisa's hungry eyes terrified me. "He didn't lure me," she said. "I walked in there all by myself. And I would do it again. Heartbreaker? Wildcard? Devil's Right Hand? It just makes him sound more attractive to me."