Winter bear

Anna POV

A knock on my front door earns a groan from me as I keep aside the knife and the onions I was busy chopping.

"Who is it?!" I yell walking towards it but the person doesn't answer. Kinda sounds like Ara to me.

I open the door about to start giving the person a lecture about interrupting me while I was cooking, but my breath gets caught in my throat when I meet with Jacob's brown eyes. Smiling sheepishly at me.

"J..Jacob... what are you doing here?" I ask confused as he shifts from foot to foot as if nervous.

"I... came to talk to you... can I come in?"

"No. No you cannot. You can say whatever you want to here" he purses his lips, looking around for a bit.

"In the hallway?"

"Yes..now hurry. I'm busy" I snap folding my arms, "how did you even know where I lived?" I ask curiously. Was he spying on me or something?

"Before you start thinking that i follow you around, I don't " he pauses, "I hired someone to".

I narrow my eyes at him, my brows twitching in annoyance. "What kind of creep..." I trail off waving my hands around in frustration, "what do you want from me? You hit me. And now what? Do you want to strangle me to death next?".

"No Annie, That's what I wanted to come talk to you about. Please let me come inside" he attempts to walk past me but I block him.

"I swear to God, I will scream if you come inside my apartment " I threaten which makes him frown, "state your business and leave".

He clenches his jaw, anger evident in his eyes but he breathes out to calm down. "I came to apologise Anna. I shouldn't have hit you. I shouldn't have... done everything bad that I did to you. I'm sorry. Please come back to me, i miss you".

I throw my head back laughing loudly, "Wow, you're funny" I wipe a fake tear, " but not a chance Jacob. I'm done. I've never felt so free since I left you and now I'm not willing to give that up"

"But-" I cut him off.

"You took advantage of naivety Jacob, and I can't believe I was stupid enough not to realise it!" I poke his chest, "Ara had always told me that you weren't the one for me. That you always took advantage of my kindness. I didn't see it because I thought I was so in love with you!".

"Ara doesn't know what she's talking about Anna" he scoffs, "she's just jealous-"

"Jealous? If anything I'm the one jealous of her relationship " I fold my arms once more, "you always made me feel bad about my self. You destroyed my self confidence instead of being the one boosting it. You always made me feel i wasn't good enough. And to top it off, you hit me! What kind of boyfriend are you?!"

"I'm sorry ok?! I-"

"I don't need your apologies Jacob.." I say calmly, though my eyes told a totally different story, "it's not going to change anything. Please leave".

Jacob stares at me with wide red eyes, nose flaring as he breathed heavily. I push the door to close it only to for him to stick his foot out, preventing me to do so.

"What Jay?!" I yell frustrated. He doesn't say anything at first, eyes narrowed as he glared at me.

"I'm gonna tell your dad Anna.." he starts and my eyes widen, "he's not going to like it".

"You wouldn't.." Jacob smirks.

"Just wait and see. I give you a week. If you don't come back to me, I'll tell your father" and with that, he turns on his heel and walks off. I slam the door so hard in anger, I was afraid it would crack.