Dead leaves

Anna POV

"Call the police. Call a lawyer and sue the bitch!" Ara had said.

I bite into my cotton candy, lost in thought as I stared at the Seals swimming around in the water below us.

"Noona?" Bang-Chan call out, making me snap out of my train of thoughts. Guilt washes over me when I realise he's been talking to me but I was too lost in thought to pay attention to him.

"Huh?" I glance at him. His brows furrow and I could practically see his mouth frown underneath his mask.

"Are you ok?" He asks. Turning his body to face me.

Today, the long awaited friendly date I promised Chan had finally taken place. And so far at my side, it was going terribly because I found myself always lost in thought about my discussion with Ara two days ago.

"Y..yeah.. sorry..." I stammer, pushing my hair back, "you were saying?" I ask and he stared at me for some seconds before he looks back down at the seals.

"Nevermind... it wasn't important anyway" he mumbles making me feel even more guilty. He was upset.

"Chris.... I'm really sorry. I've just had a lot on my mind lately and..." I sigh in frustration of myself. He turns to look at me, Brown eyes assessing me.

"Do you want to talk about it? Maybe I could help?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Its nothing too important. Let's not let it ruin our day" I smile and his brows furrow again.

"If it was enough to make you space out out for the eighth time today, it must have been important Noona" he states, turning around so his back was pressed against the metal railing.

"Its just a really distracting thought..." I trail off, "plus, I came out to hang out with you! Let's not ruin it with boring conversations. Let's go to the lions next!"

We take several pictures with the animals. Selfies too, before we finally settle down for a snack.

I got a hamburger and sprite. Hobi was really rubbing off on me.

While Chan gets a smoothie. Since it was the only thing he could manage drinking underneath his mask in public.

I was hungry to say the least that I didn't even notice I was eating huge chunks of my food. Like, eating another bite before even swallowing the previous one. I was that hungry.

Soon enough, I feel eyes on me and that is when I remembered I was sitting right across my idol. Eating like an animal.

My cheeks were filled with food as I stared at him sheepishly. He smiles.

"Someone's hungry" he chuckles, placing his chin on his palm. I blush, chewing the food in my mouth slowly before swallowing it. I grab my drink, chugging it down when I feel my chest being chocked up with so much food that it was refusing to go down. It finally goes down after several gulps of my Sprite and I can now breathe again.

"You alright?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I...I guess I ate too much without even realising " I stammer in embarrassment. He grins again, bringing out a hankie from his pocket, before reaching over to clean the sides of my mouth. No doubt stained with crumbs. He pulls away once he's done.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome "

<<[💜]>>

After a wonderful day at the zoo, the sun was already setting by the time we decided it was time to leave.

We also talked about ourselves with each other to get to know one another. He told me about his childhood and family. I told him about my childhood too, and how I wanted to become a fashion designer but now I was slowly starting to get into the food business.