Chapter 1

It's been 3 months to the date since I made the choice to move my life half way across the world. It's been 3 months since I said my goodbyes to my parents, my sister, my niece and my friends. 3 months since I decided that I didn't want the life I was living.

My names Katy, Katy Swindell. I'm 25 years old, I have copper hair to my shoulders, I have normal green eyes and pale skin, which did not agree with the summers back home.

3 months ago I moved from New Zealand to Scranton, Pennsylvania.

It wasn't because I hated my life, or anything like that. I just wanted a change of scenery. I have a friend who lives in New York, but I'm not a huge fan of big cities and I didn't want to rely on them as they have a pretty full on job and a studio apartment. Like everyone else, I grew up watching The Office, and I guess its close enough to my friend without being too close either.

They helped me get my house and picked me up from the airport, stayed with me for a couple days to make sure I was okay and then had to head back to the city.

Now 3 months later I'm all settled in and making my way down to my soon to be shop!

That's right! I'm on my way to finish all the paperwork and start up my new boutique café!

This has always been a dream of mine, I love working in hospitality and have always wanted to open my own café, and mix in my other passion, which is fashion. I make clothes in my spare time. I studied costume and fashion design back home and now I get to do it as a job.

My home isn't too far of a walk, about a 15ish minutes away. I don't have a car yet, but I'll get around to it, for now I do love the little bit of exercise and I can't complain about the views I get to see everyday.

Okay, wish me luck, I'm going in!!