Chapter 4

Today's the day!!

Today I officially open the cafe, I get dressed into a pair of black jeans, a flowy sunflower top I made and some mustard vans. I do my normal makeup and tie back my hair into a high pony.
I decide to have breakfast when I get to the café and make my way down!

When I get there it's about 5:45am, I open up, start the coffee machines up, give the tables a quick wipe down and make sure everything's ready for the day.
Just as I'm hanging up a sign to say we're officially open and holding a 'Buy a coffee, get a free muffin, opening special' sign, Logan walks in. "Good morning Boss!" he says cheerily, smiling up at me as I'm standing on a chair just a little taller than him. "Good morning, and please, just call me Katy" I smile back. "Need a hand Katy?" he offers, taking a side of the sign and sticking it to the window with me.

We open in 10 minutes, we ran through the breakfast recipes and the lunch recipes. I make us both a coffee and just as I turn the sign over to say open, I group of people walk through the door.

BRING IT ON!!

5:08 pm
Well today was a massive success!! Not only did the café make more than what I had thought, the boutique sold a few pieces too!
We closed up at 4pm and tidied up. Logan asked if I wanted to go out for some celebratory drinks, but I had to decline as I've got a fair amount of paper work to sort.
As I'm finishing up the last of the accounting papers, theres a knock on the door. I look up and see 2 guys standing there, I smile and walk over.
"Heya! I'm sorry, we're closed for the day." I say giving an apologetic smile, "Oh okay, we just got back and were hoping for a coffee, but that's okay!" the one with longer hair and a lip piercing said smiling. "Oh where are you from?" I ask opening the door for them to come in, "We're actually from here, but we've been away for the last 5 months." he said taking a step in. "Oh wow that's a long time, well I what kind of coffee would you like? A little welcome home present for you." I say walking over to the coffee machine. "oh are you sure?", I nod and they name their drinks. "So, where are you from? I haven't seen you or this café around here before uhh...", "Katy, sorry haha I should have introduced myself. I'm fairly new here, I moved here from New Zealand about 3 and a half months ago, and today is my official opening day!" I can't help but grin about that.
"Oh Congrats! Well I'm Ricky and this is Vinny."