Chapter 23

PoV: Sonic

  Mephiles was currently preoccupied with work. It was almost noon so I snuck out to the far end of the feild and found Tails waiting. It was Friday, and he was waiting just like he said he'd be.

"Sonic, you remembered," Tails smiled. He had brought something with him.

"What is that?" I looked at the strange book he brought. He handed it me and I looked through the pages. It had no words, only boxes with number. Each page started at one, but they ended differently. Some need at 31, most ended at thirty. Only one ended in 28, "Is this one of those charts you showed me? Theres nothing on it."

"It does resemble a chart, but this is called a calendar," he pointed to the large word on top, "Try reading it."

"Jai-n-u-are-y?"

"January, these are all the months within the year. Four months for each season," he explained.

"Twelve months in a year. Please, teach me all about it!" I spent until one learning from him before he had to leave. He even allowed me to keep the calendar.

---

"Sonic, where were you?" Mephiles found me as I was putting the calender with my pile of books.

"I was wondering the feilds, then I decided to come in a read some. Do you need me to work yet?" I asked.

"Not yet. I need to train you first," he took my hand and I pulled it away.

"You said you wouldn't touch me without my permission..." I knew, I knew he had set me free. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to let him touch me so casually yet.

"Forgive me, it slipped my mind for a moment. Would you follow me upstairs?" He was so different when he wasn't my master.

  I've never had anyone apologize to me before... It feels cold, and wrong.

"Yes, I will," I followed him upstairs and he took me to his office, "Why are we here?"

"To show you what I'm going to train you on tomorrow," he answered.

"Right. My work," I watched closely as he explained my job to me. It was simple. I only had to add numbers and right them down. There were other steps, but it didn't seem too hard.

"You don't need to understand it yet, we'll go over it again tomorrow," he shut the book I'd be writing in and looked at me.

"I understand it, I'll be sure to do it," work... it feels the same as being a slave. What is the difference other than money? Right, you need to be educated to do it.

"Sonic," I flinched as he reached for my hand again. He pulled away before touching me, "You're allowed to take as many breaks as you want. You get an hour and a half to eat your lunch. If you finish early you can spend the rest of the day doing as you please. But if you wish to go out it must be with me. Understood?"

"Yes," That's the difference. Breaks between working, free food, and I only have to do one job in stead of several. And also... I don't have to have sex with anyone as a punishment or reward.

"You can do as you wish for now. I'll be sure someone gets you when dinner us ready," he left and I didn't see Mephiles until dinner that night.

PoV: Mephiles

  Why? It happened twice. I hadn't realized I so casually reached for Sonic's hand as if he was still my servant.

  I had done it... Images of his smile, and expressions continued to appear in my head more and more often. I was cursed with a dreaded emotion I so loathed.

"Maid," I snapped at one of the girls, "bring me a drink."

"Which drink sir-"

"I don't care, bring me anything!" I snapped.

  I need to eliminate this emotion now.

PoV: Silver

  The Master had given me no orders yet. I was merely cleaning and such as I normally did. He hadn't punished me for raising my voice the other day either.

  This is agony, when is he going to punish me?

"Wash these," a maid handed me a tray of glasses.

"Yes, right away," I took them to the sink. All of the glasses had a strong smell. Sonic told me this stuff was called alcohol. He always told me stay away from any Master when he smelt like this..

  Does this mean Sonic is in danger?! I quickly washed the glasses and ran off before I could get another order. I carefully looked into Sonic's room, he wasn't there.

  I checked each room, I found him reading another book in the big book room. Master Mephiles wasn't there. Good, he's safe.

"What are you doing here?" I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was the master!

"Master Mephiles, I was just told to look for you-"

"I don't care. Come here," he grabbed my hand.

"Master?" He smelled just like the cups, "Where are we going?"

"Hm... the bedroom," he wasn't letting go.

"But-" I covered my mouth. I can't disobey the Master anymore than I already have.

"What is it? You want to fuck Sonic don't you," he grabbed me by the collar of my uniform, "Listen here, Sonic is going to belong to me."

"Master?!" He dragged me all the way to the bedroom. He threw me on the bed.

"Wait here. I'll come back in a few minutes," he shut the door and I heard it lock.

  He locked me in?! Sonic is in danger! What do I do?!

"What do I do now?!"

~~~