Chapter 11

PoV: Silver

  Master was watching us... I didn't know what he wanted to do to us. He always hurt Sonic really badly. I couldn't take seeing him hurt again. Master took the bag and put it into the closet. He reached his hand towards us, Sonic started growling and I held him in my arms to try and keep him calm. His heart was racing against my hand.

  Master placed his hand on Sonic's head, I wanted to throw his hand off, but I froze when he did the same. I held into Sonic, waiting for him to do something. I had braced myself for him to pick us up by our quills or to slam us against something...

  ...but pain never came. It felt like hours before I felt movement on my fur. Sonic's growl wasn't as vicious, in fact it had stopped.

"I'll have the maids give you proper baths," Master left the room, not letting us see his face.

"Sonic..." my heart settled and I was able to whisper. What had he done to us? Were we going to be executed? Whipped? Hit? "W... what did Master do to us..."

"I... I'm not sure..." Sonic sat up in my lap and touched the spot where Master had his hand.

"What's it going to do to us?" I didn't like that I didn't know what was going to happen to us. I couldn't protect Sonic if that was the case.

"Something awful..." Sonic shivered, "I'm sure..."

---

"Sonic... why are we in here?" We had been moved to the bathroom. I had cleaned them several times, I had seen our mistresses bathe in them.

"To clean it, probably," Sonic looked around, there weren't any sponges for us to use.

"You two are the ones being cleaned today," a maid appeared behind us.

"Ah!" We were pushed into the water.

  I grabbed Sonic as he began panicking. He didn't know how to swim and nearly drowned when we tried to escape once. He had been afraid of rivers ever since. Our last master knew that... and he would force Sonic's head into the river he lived by for fun.

"I've got you Sonic okay?" He was quivering as he held on to me for his life,"I won't let go."

  I couldn't let our new Master know Sonic was afraid of the water. I wasn't going to let that happen to him again.

"Let him go," one of the maids tried pulled Sonic from my arms.

"Never!" I snapped. A two other maids pulled me away and they took him from me, "Sonic!"

  My clothes were pulled off and they scrubbed my pelt with hard nails and rough sponges. The poured water over me and the soap fell into the water. Sonic was carried out of the water seconds before I was. They wrapped him up in a towel and took him to another room.

"Where's Sonic?" I asked him.

"He's being brushed and dried, just like you are."

  They used a machine that blew hot air in my face to 'dry' my fur. They brushed my fur after rubbing some powder into it. I didn't know what they put in my fur but... it smelt like a feild of flowers. Like the flowers I brought to him once.

  Master... why are you doinging this to us?

~~~