Chapter 21

PoV: Mephiles

  Sonic turned out to be an incredibly quick learner. He quickly memorized the rules for addition, subtraction, and is currently learning fractions. This was withing the span of two days... I had realized how powerful his mind was going to become. I couldn't have him become too aware, I'd stop his lessons after multiplication and percentages. It was all he needed for the real world, highschool math was just learning memorization after all.

Silver seemed to be getting several small chats with Sonic when I wasn't in the room. He was finally getting his lust under control, or it seemed. He was restraining himself. I would catch him gazing at Sonic's tutor with jealousy. It wasn't just lust he had. The two had been inseparable for years. I wouldn't be surprised if Silver was in love.

  Sonic was busy with his lessons, this was my time to have a word with Silver.

"Silver," I found him in the kitching, glaring as he wiped the floor dry.

"Yes Master," he stopped and sat there, staring at me.

"I need to have a word with you," I had him follow me to my study, "What is it that you feel for Sonic?"

"What do I feel?" He froze and went silent. Clearly thinking to himself. Their memories, and relationship... his expression of loss... "I'm not sure what you mean Master..."

"Do you merely wish to have sex with him until you're bored, or do you love him?" I sighed.

"I-"

"Sonic is not a easy person to love. He's a troublemaker with an awful temper. He doesn't listen to a word and as a horrid attitude. I found him being a challenge to be entertaining. So which is it for you-"

"That's not true!" Silver shouted before I gave him permission to speak, "Sonic is kindhearted and adventurous. He always talked about exploring the world when we were free. We'd live in a boat after we learned to swim. We would go anywhere we wanted and work for money when we needed it. Sonic always dreamed of that. And he dreamed that one day he'd turn a small shack in a library. Sonic always helped others. If someone was falling behind in their work Sonic would abandoned his and help them. He always got in trouble for it so no one else had to. Sonic is the most wonderful person in the world and you're blind if you can't see that!"

  That was all I needed. He was in love with Sonic and couldn't even see it himself. I could disagree with him. I freed Sonic, merely because I caught a glimpse of his smile. I went soft on him, but I never intended to.

"Silver, you may go. You have no chores today. You're allowed to be by Sonic's side so long as you obey him if he gives you an order. You are not to touch him in any sexual manner. Go," I let him leave as I stayed alone in my study.

  I closed my eyes to let them rest.

•••

"I really like this book, its story is so beautiful."

•••

  My eyes shot open. I had fallen asleep in my study. I placed a hand over my face.

  That dream... it was all about Sonic with that smile of his.

  Why does it appear in my mind so often? It couldn't be... Only a fool falls in love over a smile.

"I need to clear my head," I sighed.

•••

"Mephiles..."

•••

"Desperately..."

~~~