Chapter 3

PoV: Sonic

"Silver, you wanna something fun?" I asked, having just finished scrubbing the floor as he tried the dishes.

"No, you're  gonna get yourself whipped again," he grabbed me, "Help me put these away."

"Fine. I didn't know being a house space would be so boring," I put the dry dishes away and Silver continued drying them. We stood in silence for a while.

"Sonic..." Silver whispered, pointing to a book in the corner, "What's the cover say?"

"Cooking," I whispered back.

  That was our secret. The one thing we had that no one else did, and if they did they didn't last long.

  For a slave, learning to read is illegal.

"Do you remember what letters they are?" I asked, keeping my voice as low as possible.

"... c... o... right?" Silver whispered back.

"Yeah, that's good. Do you remember the rest?"

"...k?"

"Yeah."

"... i... n... what's that last one?"

"It's g. You're getting good at remembering them," I put away the last plate and we wiped down the counter.

"Are we done already?" Silver looked around.

"So you finished," Master's lacky returned, the whip in his hand, "Then you can work in the fields for the rest of the d-"

"That's enough," Master was back, he must have been doing something 'important' to be gone so long.

"My lord-"

"Leave," Master snapped and turned to us, "I need my sheets to be changed, you two will be cleaning my room after you're hosed off on the back yard."

  He motioned for us to follow. We did. Silver grabbed my hand, he was nervous, he always was when we were in front of one of our Masters. We were taken outside and forced to strip down. The cold water hit us, freezing the lacky sprayed us until the dirt was cleaned from our fur. I hadn't seen my natural color of blue in weeks, even if it was cold, it felt nice to be cleaned up. Silver was back to his natural color of a faint light grey. We were thrown a dish towel to dry off with. Once we were dressed again, Master let us inside the house.

  Master took us to his room, I looked around, we had both been in a situation like this before. No chains were viable. The bed was laid out with nicely made sheets, that was a bad sign. It looked like there was nothing clean. Silver gripped my hand. There were Master's we've both had, the ones who used more than just pleasure slaves. I've had more than one whose used me for the wrong service. Silver hasn't gotten the experience yet, I always protection from it and took his place while I made him hide. I wasn't going to let it happen now.

"Change the sheets, dust the shelves, then clean the bathroom," He ordered and left.

"What just happened?" I was lost, no Master had ever taken me into the bedroom just to clean.

"Sonic, it's okay. Master just wants us to clean," Silver's grip loosened, "Hey," he hugged me, "He's not gonna touch you."

"Y-yeah... I hope not..." I started pulling the blanket off the bed to change the sheets.

"I missed you blue fur, you were always covered in dirt and dry blood," Silver gave me a small smile. It was rare to see him smile on the first day of our enslavement to a new Master.

"You weren't any cleaner, you could hardly tell your fur was that white-grey color," I laughed.

"Not so loud, they'll hear us," Silver hushed me and we continued cleaning.

  It was all we did until sunset, when we were allowed to go sleep. There were seven of us for this single room. Only five beds we available. Silver and I both climbed onto one 'bed' to share. It wasn't an actual bed, just planks of wood with hay on one side for a 'pillow.' The blanket was thin, and we all slept in the freezing cold. Silver and I slept close to keep each other warm. It was better than when I worked in fields and had to sleep outside in a shack.

  I curled up closer to Silver, he was hot sleeper and I was always cold so we balanced each other nicely. I'll work on making this 'bed' a bed, don't worry Silver, we'll be sleeping cozy in no time.

PoV: Mephiles

  I walked into my room, everything was cleaned as I expected it to be. The only problem was their lingering scents. I lit a few candles to rid the smell and laid in bed. It was well past midnight when I stopped working.

"Not bad for a couple of slaves who are ment to be disobedient," I shut off my light, "Not bad, but they'll mess up eventually. Then they'll learn what true obedience is."

~~~