Chapter 25

PoV: Mephiles

  My head ached as the sun blinded me. I woke laying on the softest surface I had felt in a while. Sonic was laying under me completely asleep. Oh chaos what did I do to him?

  I slowly check him for any injuries. He was perfectly fine. Not a single sign that anything happened yet, I couldn't help but feel as if I had done something.

"Master," Silver was besides us, he was wide awake, "You never harmed him. You stripped him and myself. Then you kissed him a few times before falling asleep. You've been sleeping since."

"Is that the honest truth?" I felt relief as Silver nodded. I hadn't touched them. But I did break  my promise not to touch Sonic without permission, "Is he upset?"

"Yes," Silver answered.

  I glanced at the scar on Sonic's wrist. There was no possible way for him remove the slavery symbol he had been branded with.

"Master... is he really free?" Sve glanced at his own scar.

"Only on my property. Anywhere else he is still registered as my slave. There is no way for me to truly free him," I put his arm down and climbed out of bed. I covered him with the blanket once again. I hadn't noticed the two where holding hands until now, "Has he been holding your hand all night?"

"Yes, Master," Silver answered me again with the title Master.

"Silver," I walked around the bed and grabbed the electrical collar around him. I took a breath as I heard Sonic shift. He rolled over and nuzzled himself against Silver's chest. I input the password and the collar released itself, "Call me Mephiles from now on. You're now just as free as Sonic is. You can either gave your own room or share his. Sonic will be your tutor."

"Mephiles..." he felt around his neck and tears stung the corners of his eyes, "Thank you..."

"You say nothing to anyone around the house. I have some changes that need to be made," I left the room after that.

  I showered and changed into fresh clothing. Sonic and Silver, they were the first slaves I couldn't break. But Sonic... he wasn't returned for disobedience, he made masters question their treatment of slaves. No master could handle it. I knew now exactly what I needed to do.

PoV: Silver

  I had been set free...

  Sonic started to wake up shortly after Mas- Mephiles left.

"Silver? Mephiles already left, I thought we'd wake first to be honest," Sonic sat up, I could see the whipping scars on his back. I only had a few, no where near how many he had. His fur hid the scars well, but today they weren't well hidden.

"Yeah... Mephiles left already," I sat up besides him.

"Mephiles? You aren't-" Sonic reached for my neck with a bug smile, "He took off your collar! Did he set you free!"

"Yeah! We're both free now," I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Soon we can both be together no matter what," Sonic had tears in his eyes. He looked away the moment I noticed.

  Our dream from so long ago was finally coming true. I told Sonic everything Meohikes said when he set me free. Sonic had already known the scars on our wrists needed to be covered up and hidden for the rest of our lives. He said he'd start teaching me everything he knew after breakfast. For now, we left to shower and Sonic let me wear some of his clothes. He let me where anything that was too big for him.

"We should start with english and reading since- Silver?" Sonic looked back at me as I hugged him, "What is it?"

"Could I just spend today with you?" I asked, "You can read me a book, please... I just want to rest," I felt so tired dispite sleeping all night. I had worked everyday if my life since I was able to walk. This was my first day without work in a lifetime.

"Yeah. Let's pick an easy story for you," Sonic grabbed a smaller book and climbed into the bed. I laid down next to him and pulled him into my arms.

"I'm so tired..." I yawned as I laid there with him.

"I'll read allowed until you fall asleep then," he did just just that. He read the story of Snow White to me as I laid there with him in my arms.

  I wonder how tired... Sonic was... when he was... freed...

PoV: Mephiles

  What have I done? Setting two slaves partially free, now I've remade my entire budget based of the basic needs of all my slaves... I must be going crazy.

"Where are Sonic and Silver?" I asked as we reached the end of breakfast. Neither of them arrived to eat.

"They've been in Sonic's room sir. I offered then tea but got no answer," a maid replied.

"I'll go see for myself what they are doing," I got up and when to Sonic's room.

  I knocked on the door and got no answer. I opened the door and I witnessed a sight I could only imagine happen each night while they were together in the basement with the other house slaves. The had fallen asleep curled together in bed. The story of snow white laying open in Sonic's hand. They had fallen asleep together.

This was the first I had seen then this way, "Don't leave books open. You'll damage them."

  I took the book and slipped a bookmark inside it. I laid the blank over them both before closing the blinds.

"Sliver..." Sonic was mumbling in his sleep.

"Mm..." Silver shifted, pulling Sonic closer to him.

   I gazed over them. I moved one of Silver's loose quills from Sonic's cheek. He took my hand in his sleep. Both now quietly purring. They're more alike this way. Both are gentle and kind.

"M-mephiles... aah~♡!"

  I quickly pulled my hand away from Sonic's. The worst vision had appeared before me. I hallucination of Sonic and Silver below me. I can't think that way about them. They aren't slaves, they aren't ment for that.

  I left and walked out to my feild. I watched as my supervisor shouted at each slave for simple mistakes. Slaves I had  over a hundred of. Slaves I didn't even know the names of.

"Master? What are you doing in the feilds?" My supervisor ran up to me, "I assue you there is nothing wrong here-"

"Everything is wrong. You need to be retrained. Hand me your whip," I held my hand out.

"My whip? But Sir surely-"

"Your whip or I enslave you myself," I glared at him and he handed it to me, "You're forbidden from using any physical punishments for their mistakes. Any slave who's injured must be treated immediately. I will be examining them all myself next week so I will know if you lie to me, and if they're injuries remain untreated. I will have a medical record for all 114 slaves. Understood?"

"Y-yes sir..." he looked furious but I didn't care. He would be replaced if he couldn't adjust. I knew exactly who I'd replace him with.

  This is all going to change for the better. I'll someone Sonic can trust, who my slaves can trust.

~~~

Btw the book will be ending soon.

Let me know if I should binge it to the very end this week!

Love you all! Bye bye~ 😚😚😚