Chapter 22

PoV: Sonic

  I could understand all of it. Everything my tutor, Miles, taught me, I understood it within a few tries and examples. I could read books easier, and I even found one called a dictionary. It explained every word I didn't know!

"Okay Sonic," he sat down besides me with his tails flickering, since you're my quickest learner I think I should teach you how to use money," he placed a few coins in front of me, "We'll start by naming each one and their worth."

"Okay, I'm ready."

PoV: Mephiles

  I didn't approve of him learning how to use money. I walked away, this tutor was getting carried away. He had already taught Sonic how to read time. Damn it. I'll end their tutoring now.

"Miles Prower," I called him, "Meet me in my study."

"Yes Sir, I'll be right back Sonic. Try and buy this apple from this maid here," Miles stood and followed me into my study. I secured the door once we were alone inside, "What did you need to speak with me about?"

"You're over teaching," I started, "Sonic was only supposed to learn basic math and english. You've taught him how to use money and tell the time against my will."

"Not so. I'm teaching him basic math. Money is learned by children at the age of eight. Time is learned by children at the age of ten. This all learned by someone in elementary school."

"I do not want him educated further. He is to stay as he is."

"Why not? His mind ready for highschool, all he needs is to start learning basic history and he could become an amazingly intelligent mobian. If he came to power, with the right guidance he could set this world on the right path again-"

"Enough! I won't have him going off on his own. He's free but he still belongs to me. He will rely on me for as long as I see fit. Now please end your lesson, and leave. You're fired."

"I will. But you've ended something that could have been beautiful," he left, slamming the door behind him.

  I've ended something beautiful huh? I won't let the world see it.

PoV: Sonic

  Miles walked in and started putting everything away.

"Mr. Miles? What's going on?" I handed him back his coins.

"Our lessons have been cancelled. You were my brightest student, I wish I could have taught you more," he smiled.

"Why? I want to keep learning from you," I grabbed his arm, "Do we have to stop?"

  He came close, "We do. I'm sorry..." he hugged me and I felt his fur against my ear, "I can meet you on fridays at noon, but only on the far side of the farm. I will only wait for a few minutes before I leave okay. I'll see you next friday."

"Goodbye Mr. Miles..." I waved goodbye and he left, "Oh no..." he left a coin behind. I give it too him later.

"Sonic, you've completed your lessons," Mephiles came in, "That means you can begin working for me, as promised. I'll have you start tomorrow. Understood?"

"Yes," I got up from where I was sitting and dusted myself off.

  I'll keep Mr. Miles next lesson a secret. Maybe I'll be able to learn everything from him.

  I just hope Silver gets a turn learning from Miles too.

~~~