Chapter 26

PoV: 3rd Person

  It threw almost everyone off guard when the changes began. Mephiles had always been a harsh Master to all the slaves he ever owned, not caring at all if they passed or lived. Suddenly, each slave had a medical examination and record completed. Some discovered they were relatives, others found out their ages. This of course, included Sonic and Silver who learned that Sonic was the older one. Silver turned to be around the age of sixteen. Sonic was seventeen, but only by a few months. Mephiles had assumed them to be younger.

"Blood type? What's o plus mean?" Sonic stared at his medical record as the doctors read it off to him.

"Its the type of proteins in your blood. You're very lucky to have o positive. It means you can donate to any one with positive blood. Unfortunately, it means you can only take the same blood type. So itll be hard to get blood for you in an emergency," they clarified.

"What's mine?" Silver asked.

"You have blood type ab. You can take blood from just everyone it seems. You're very lucky for a slave. Having such a rare blood type makes you valuable, but you can only donate to your own," they answered him with a kinder tone than they did me.

"Really?" Silver was happy, so it didn't matter to me.

---

  The uniforms were changed as well. I stead of a single outfit, each slave was given three sets of long sleeves, three sets of short sleeves, five sets of pants, and three sets of shorts. Then the biggest change happened. At the center of the feild, where every slave had equal walking distance from all the edges of the feilds was a new building. A building with insulation. A building, with a full ac unit and heater. A building, which was nearly the size of the house itself. For all 109 feild slaves, it had become their dormitory. A large kitchen equipped with proper ingredients along a wall of fridges and freezers. There were fifty rooms total with three beds in each room and a large closet. There was even a communal bathroom for them to properly shower in.

So any slave, no other Master like this existed. It felt like a dream. And for a whole week, while the slaves moved in and sheds were torn down, the slaves all got to rest.

"Sir this is absolute insane! You've built a hotel for slaves!" Mephiles supervisor complained horrible each day. His belief that all slaves should be beaten and abused was too stubborn for his own good.

"Enough!" Mephiles snapped, "How do you think a business is run? If the workers are dying then something's need to be changed for the better. If it cannot change with the environment, it needs to be removed."

"Exactly sir! If the slaves aren't keeping up we should buy more-"

"You're the one who won't change, and needs removing," Mephiles knew this man would not change for anything, so he waved the butler over, "Where are Sonic and Silver?"

"They are in the library, should I fetch them sir?" The butler inquired as he held out the tray. On it was a plate of hot coals that had began to heat a small iron stamp.

"No, ensure they never hear about this," Mephiles snapped his fingers and two slaves held down the supervisor.

"No... No Sir please. I can change, I haven't hit a slave is days!" The man pleaded.

"But you still beat the youngest with your bare hands after weeks of construction. So, I fire you and welcome you into the hands of slavery, personally."

  The library was blocked so no sound would enter. A loud scream was never heard. The man with new slavery branding was sold to the traders. He was sold to be trained into a proper slave.

"Silver," Mephiles then made his way to the library where he found Silver reading allowed with Sonic. He had finally gone through his tutoring and was a fluent reader.

"Yes!" Although, the young silver hedgehog still had a long way to break his habits.

"I have an offer for you both," he had gotten Sonic's attention as well, "How would you like to be in charge of overseeing everyone in the feilds."

"You want us to be a slave supervisor..." Sonic looked hurt understanding immediately what normal supervisors did to slaves.

"No," Mephiles corrected him, "I want you to remind them all to drink water in the heat, to make sure everyone has eaten each daily meal, to get them all in their rooms at nine, and to be there to get them anything they may need help with. That is Silver's job. He is the feild worker's care takers. Sonic, I want you to teach."

"Teach?" Sonic's looked back immediately.

  Mephiles took Sonic's hands in his, "I want you to take over this entire library. You can ask for what ever you need, but any slave who wants to, you will teach them to read. You will teach them to count. You will teach them to read a calender, and to use money."

"How did you know I could ready a calander?" Sonic panicked as he thought his meetings with Tails was discreet.

"I had you teacher tell me himself," Mephiles hit a small button on the watch he wore. The doors were opened and a small fox with two tails ran in.

"Sonic! I get to teach you again!" Tails cried as he hugged his student, "I'm so glad I didn't lose such a promising student."

"Tails your crying?!" Sonic hadn't even gotten the chance to think as he was hugged. Soon he started crying himself out of pure joy.

  Silver had begun to cry as he realized his own responsibilities. He wasn't just protecting Sonic now as slaves themselves. He was protecting everyone. His job was to take care of the people who spent their lives hurt and betrayed by trust. He was allowed to give them a safe space where they could true live as a community.

  Mephiles had finally seen them both at their happiest. He found himself unable to control his body. He embraced them both, completely overwhelmed by their tears of joy; only wanting to comfort them as he began to realize his desire.

  It was silent... it was slow, but for the first time in either of their lives the two felt a rather quiet comfort for the master who hurt them so badly...

~~~

2 updates in a day!!! How long has it been since that last happened?! XD

Love yall, bye bye~♡