Chapter 54

Hi my loves, sorry this chapter took me a little while, I was feeling meh, but I got it done, the rest of the chapters after this are a lot more fun, I'm excited!!

I'm so tired.

I haven't slept since yesterday, I couldn't.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all...not just Luke, everything Harry said too.

We left the café yesterday, I thought we were going straight home but we took the turn for the club instead.

When I asked him what we were doing, he calmly but somehow still terrifyingly told me he was going to the club to find out who was meant to be out the front of the café.

I was nervous for whoever the hell that was meant to be because Harry was fucking pissed.

You could practically see the smoke coming out his ears as he held my hand tightly and stormed us into the club.

It was like everything that happens unlocks a new level of angry in him, I always think I've seen the worst but I'm proved wrong every time.

He stood me at the bar with Dom, who was equally as angry when he heard what happened.

Harry's back was facing me for most of it, no one said a word, they all just stood there and listened to him get out everything he had to.

Every time he would spin around and point his finger at me, I could see how not only angry he was, but how hurt he was.

Dom managed to whisper to me that the guys he was yelling at were the ones he trusted most and that Harry knows none of them would have been the ones that were meant to be there, but they would be able to find out who was.

But he was too hurt and was taking it out of the people around him anyway.

It would haunt me hearing how pained he sounded, screaming at them...

"We sacrifice our lives for each other, right? Well, Eva is my fucking life!"

Not long after that, he was storming out of the club, Dom and I followed close behind, finding him hunched over on the street almost out of breath.

It really took a toll on him speaking to people he considers to be like his family like that.

Dom was the one that articulated that for him, and then telling him "mate, they get it, they know you don't want to do that, you just had to do it, no one in there is stupid, they know what Sweets means to you, no one will hold it against ya"

He also told Harry that he will happily be the one to wait at the café, although we all know he can't just drop his life and sit at my work every day, but it was comforting in the moment.

We left not long after that, Dom tried to lighten the mood but it wasn't working, Harry and I were both exhausted.

I try and tell myself that seeing Luke, being around him, I play it off and say that it doesn't affect me.

But that's a lie.

I know it and so does Harry.

All last night I was on edge, I just couldn't get the image or the feeling of Luke pressed against me like that out of my head.

I told Harry I was fine, but not long after we got home, I was in the kitchen and lost in thought, he came up behind me like he always does and went to wrap his arms around me, but I freaked out.

I spun around and nearly slapped him in the face again, I would have if he didn't catch my hand and snap me back to reality.

After I'm around Luke, it sort of feels like my head takes me back to that time and it takes me a little while to get out of it.