Chapter 61

Hi my loves, enjoy the chapter....

Harry POV:

"How much longer?" I ask into the phone, sitting at the bench in the kitchen and running my finger around the rim of my glass of whiskey.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure exactly when mate, gota gather people, travel, some guys still aren't sure, but I'm trying to push it along like you asked" Diego answers back and I can hear all the working going on the background.

"Not fucking sure about what?" I snap, my voice filling with annoyance.

"Oi don't be a moody fuck with me, you know I trust ya and I'm on board, it's other guys, not everyone is excited to basically sign up for war, not everyone is as mad as us" his voice not faltering from the unbothered assumed tone he always has.

I do appreciate how he's always so unbothered, I remember going to Diego when I first got this position and how relaxed he was about everything really helped me stay calm with all the new pressure.

I sigh and tell him "It's not like I'm asking them to do anything they haven't all wanted to do anyway"

"I think it's because people know that little lovely used to date Luke, personal shit gets messy" he sounds kind of apprehensive over that.

Keeping the phone to my ear, grab my glass, throwing back the last of the whiskey before placing it back down and poring some more from the bottle into my glass.

"Are you drinking?" Diego asks suddenly.

"Yeah, what's the problem" I sass instead of answering his last statement.

"Harry, it's four o'clock on a fucking Tuesday"

I wish he could see my eyes roll into the back of my fucking head right now.

"It's stressed alright, get off my ass" I exhale, running my hand down my face.

"Come down here and blow off some steam, got some new cool shit you can try out, bring my favourite girl too" he jokes, probably trying to lighten my mood, but it doesn't work.

I let out a half-ass laugh through my nose to entertain him.

"I just want this shit over, I just want things to be normal, I just want to start our life properly, she deserves a good one, I want to give it to her" I ramble without being able to stop myself.

Diego quickly cuts in "she has a great life already, I get why you want to make it better, and you will, but right now, focus on the good shit in you both have- what...shit, Harry?"

"Yeah?"

"I gota go, I'll contact you when I have some more information" he says, and before I can agree and say goodbye, he hangs up.

I place my phone down, sitting my elbows on the bench and resting my face into my hands, only to run them up and move them through my hair, tugging at the roots with a sigh.

I wish Eva was here to do that for me, it feels so nice when she does it.

She's at work, has been all day, I've been so bored without her.

That always happens after I get so used to being around her though.

We got back from the beach almost a week ago, that was one of the best weekends of my life.

I had the best time, but more importantly, Eva had a great birthday.

I never thought something as simple as sitting by the beach at night could turn out to be one of my favourite memories.