Chapter 68

Harry POV

Saturday, 5:40pm

"I love you too...so much"

I pull my phone from my ear, feeling deflated as I hang up and place it in my pocket.

I know Eva having to stay with Adrian is the best thing right now, and I know she understands that and is okay with it, but it's still fucking sucks.

I used to never be able to see myself going home to someone, but now, I can't picture myself not going home to her.

I don't know how I'll go going back to our home, getting into bed without having her body to hold or her hands in my hair, it'll just feel off, it won't feel right.

I know it won't be long, and we might sound dramatic complaining about it, but when you spend every night together for months and then have to be apart, it's shit.

But she'll be with Ash and Kat, she'll have fun.

And this is all better, she'll be safe, she'll be okay so I won't be worrying about her, I'll be able to focus on what I need to focus on.

"How's little lovely?" Diego's voice from behind me makes me turn, seeing him standing where I left him when I got the phone call, leaning against a crate.

I don't even know where he got that nickname from, he has this care for Eva that came out of nowhere, I mean everyone that meets her does, but I think I know where he came from.

Diego's a father...was a father, we don't talk about it much even though it's been years, but the way he is with Eva is the way I used to see him with his daughter, Lilly.

That's why I don't mind bringing her around here anymore, it makes Diego happy.

I walk over to him, nodding and telling him "Yeah she's good, she's just finishing up work"

"We've missed her around here, it's always good having someone to rile people up like she do—"

The sound of a loud explosion from behind us shuts him up, making us both curse and crouch down slightly in reflex.

I quickly spin around, seeing the flicker of the orange flames burning out and Dom slapping people up the back and nearly jumping on the spot.

He found the fucking grenades.

I glance over my shoulder at Diego who's giving me the same disappointed look he always does when I bring Dom here.

"Oi" I laugh, throwing my hands up in defeat "I had to bring him today, didn't have a choice"

"Go fucking get him before he uses one that will blow the whole building down" Diego seethes, tilting his head towards Dom.

I spin around mumbling "alright, alright, don't shoot me...again"

"I heard that smart ass!" Diego yells out making me laugh as I walk over to Dom.

I walk over to where Dom is and as he can reaches into the boxes next to him to grab another grenade, I grab his shoulder and spin him to face me.

"Ya tryna blow the place up, cock head?"

Dom only laughs at me and shrugs "Only a little bit"

Shaking my head, I tell him "come on, he wants to show us out the back"

As I turn around, dragging Dom along by his shirt, I get the shit scared out of me when another loud explosion happens.

I duck down, letting go of Dom and spin around again to see him with his head turned looking at the flames burn out.