Epilogue 2

This is the second epilogue, if you haven't read the first one, GO BACK!

Two years later:

"When you fall, chest to the grass, hands in the dirt, cuts on your knees, and you're left staring into the seemingly never-ending blackness...please don't forget the seconds before, when you fell and the wind brushed through your hair so gracefully, how sweet the flowers smelt on your descent, the sound of songbirds and butterfly wings by your ears as you crashed. Don't let the stare downward deceive your view, turn yourself over and gaze up, through the parting leaves of trees and into the colours of the sky, see the endless beauty there is around you, in every breath you take, fall involve with it, every inhale and exhale, every up and down, the journey and the destination, relish in it, the beauty of being whole and the beauty of being broken, it's everywhere if you let yourself see it."

The sound of claps echoes in the room, making me blush as I finish reading and close my book.

My book...that still sounds so surreal.

I glance around, seeing people in chairs applauding me, but one slow clap in particular gets my attention.

Harry, standing up in the back corner, leaning on the wall and staring at me with a proud little smile on his face.

You'd think after a few readings it would be easier having him watching me the way he does when I'm up here, but it always manages to make my heart race.

Fucking hell, you'd think after over a year of talking about this, working towards it, it would feel real, but it still feels like it is a dream.

It is a dream...well, it was a dream, now some fucking how, it's my reality.

"Thank you, thank you so much" I say.

I'm still kind of unsure of how to act in times like that...I mean, I didn't really do anything, all I did was write, I just kept doing what I was already doing.

It feels weird to be praised for it.

"Alright, alright!" Karmen yells out, coming to stand next to me, taking control of these things like she always does.

I love Karmen, I really do, I owe her a lot for all the help she's given me, honestly, I've only ever had one but I'd say she's the best literary agent ever, even though after all this time we've spent together, she's more a friend now.

"Did anyone have a question?"

As quick as she asks people lift their hands, making the nerves swirl in my stomach again.

It's still hard to believe people care enough about what I do.

"Yes, you there" she says to a young girl with her hand up.

She looks over at me with a nervous smile...don't worry, love, I feel the same.

"First um... I wanted to say that I really loved this book, thank you, and do you think you'll write some more?"

Awe my heart.

"Thank you so much for reading it" I tell her with a smile "I would love to write more, I mean I do, I have a lot written from now and over the years, so I hope I get to publish another one"

I feel like I sound like such an awkward idiot when I answer questions, but apparently, it's 'important to connect with people' that's what Karmen tells me.

I continue answering a few questions, trying my best not to stumble over my words or cry when people tell me they love my book.

"Okay, last one, anyone?" Karmen says "Yes....you"