Chapter 6

I didn't have much time to process what Harry asked me before I impulsively said yes, I feel like I should have been scared or at least more hesitant to get into some random guys car and go to a random location but something about him made me feel sort of safe. He looked surprised when I said yes but I thought if I came with him it would help me solve the what he does for work mystery and honestly, I couldn't stop thinking about him and I did want to see him again.

I was sitting in his passenger seat and neither of us had said anything since we left the café, I still don't know how he knew I worked there, that was kind of odd but once again, I wasn't as worried as I should have been. He could be this mastermind kidnapper and was trying to kill me and I literally just got in his car, it was kind of stupid.

"So where are we going, if this is my last road trip before I die I'd at least like some idea of where I'm off too" I said to cut the silence and lighten the mood.

He turned his head to look at me with a confused look on his face, even when he had that look on his face, he was so hot.

"Last road trip?" he asked

"You could be a serial killer for all I know, you still won't tell me what you do for work remember" I stated

He had one hand on the wheel and I could see the bruises from the other night were almost healed, his other resting on the console in-between us, he was looking out to the road now and was chuckling to himself "I wouldn't say serial" he turned to look at me with a devious look in his eye, I'm not sure what he meant by that. "And don't worry, I'll make it a fun last road trip" I was pretty sure he was joking when he said that but it still made me kind of anxious.

The car went back to being silent while I was contemplating whether I had made a good decision or not, I really didn't know this guy, he seemed nice and everything but I'm sure Ted Bundy seemed like a top-notch guy before he murdered you.

"You've sure got a few of them" he said as he dipped his eyes down to the scar on my thigh, both of them weren't really covered today because of my shorts. He seemed to be nervous to say that, I'm guessing because of how I freaked out the last time he said something about it

Alright Eva, do not start crying in this man's car. Keep your mind on track today.

"Mhhmm" I hummed, didn't know what else to say.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable the other night, I shouldn't have assumed it was something you were open to talking about" he said to my surprise while looking straight ahead.

"It's fine really, just a part of my past I don't talk about a lot, no one really ever asks me about them so it was just a surprise to me that's all" I explained, and this was the most I'd ever spoken about that with anyone besides Ashley but he had a way of making me feel comfortable around him, it was so strange.

He just nodded and kept driving, "What are those from, on your hands?" the bruises were basically gone but you could still notice them if you were close to him.

He looked down at his hand and flexed them around the wheel "just part of that scary world I told you about baby" he smiled. When he said things like that it made my heart race, it made me so eager to find out more about it.

But before I could ask more about it, we pulled up to wherever he had to go.

"Speaking of that... stay in the car, I'll be five minutes" he warned.

The way he said that wasn't like he was asking me at all, he was telling me, and the look in his eyes made my nerves spark up a little bit but they were quickly replaced with adrenalin.