Epilogue 1

Hi my loves! Thank you for being patient with me, enjoy these epilogues, I love you.

One month later

"Ev, can you come help me please, I can't get this box!"  Ashley sings out from the kitchen.

With a sigh, I push myself off of where I'm leaning on the counter and turn to head for the kitchen.

"Eva?"

"Yeah, I'm coming" I answer her, pushing the door to the kitchen open and seeing her standing on her toes trying to reach up to the top of the shelf with one arm.

When she hears me, she turns and looks over her shoulder with a shy smile "Sorry, I think I'll drop it if I try, it's the new cups"

I shake my head and tell her "It's fine, look out, I'll get them" and she does, she steps to the side, giving me another 'sorry' smile.

I don't know how many times I've told her she doesn't have to be sorry, I don't mind.

Ever since she got shot, she's had some issues with that arm, everything else is fine, it healed great, she has a little scar, but the bullet must have hit something, or it's just some trauma, the doctors aren't really sure which one it is, but they say it will go away in time, as long as she keeps using her arm the best she can.

She can use it pretty much like she used to, she's just had some issues lifting it up past a certain point, it's gotten better though, every day she can lift it a little higher, we think it might be only a few more weeks and she'll be all back to normal again.

Ash was pretty shaken up after everything, as she should be. I only saw her once and then I didn't see her for two weeks, she stayed locked up in the house with Jack. If it wasn't for Jack I would have been more worried but he kept me updated on how she was doing all the time, I knew she was okay.

I knew she needed time to think about everything, she texted me and told me that, so I just waited until she was ready to talk again, and after a little while she was, she was okay, as okay as she can be anyway, and we both had the same thoughts after a while anyway...

We both just wanted to move past everything and live normally again...our normal any way, we didn't want to dwell on anything that we couldn't change, we just wanted to keep on living.

I reach up to the box, pulling it down carefully and turning around to give it to her "here, you alright with it now?" I ask, handing it to her.

"Yep" she smiles and takes them out of my arms "I'll be fine now, I'll unpack them and put them out on display, that's what Martha wanted right?"

"Yeah, she said replace the old ones...I'm gonna go back out the front" I tell her, going to walk past her and the door.

"Ev?" she calls out, stopping me and making me turn around to see her with a soft look on her face "are you alright?"

I give her a little smile "yeah, I'm fine, just tried"

"Promise?" she checks"

"Promise" I chuckle then turn and head out of the door.

I walk out and back to the counter, leaning myself against it like I have been all day.

I've been exhausted today, I didn't even want to come into work, but I could just sit at home and be left to my own thoughts, that hasn't been doing me any good.

Ever since everything happened, I've been exhausted, it took a huge toll on everyone and I'm still recovering from it.

That night with Harry was one of the worst of my life, I was terrified, even when I left Luke and thought I was going to die, that was nothing compared to how I felt seeing Harry on that ground, and nothing compared to how I felt at the hospital.